Ultimate GNR Lineup?

Ultimate GNR Lineup  

162 members have voted

1. 1. You can pick more than one lineup

• AFD & Lies - Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven
    • UYI (Studio) - Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy
    • UYI (Tour) - Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby (+ Tracy, Roberta, Teddy etc.)
    • CD (2001 Shows) - Axl, Dizzy, Paul, Robin, Buckethead, Tommy, Brain, Chris
    • CD (2002 Tour) - Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Buckethead, Tommy, Brain, Chris, Richard
    • CD (2006 Tour) - Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Chris, Frank, Ron
    • CD (2010 Tour / Vegas Residency) - Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Richard, Chris, Frank, Ron, DJ
    • NITL Tour - Axl, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Slash, Duff, Melissa
    • NITL Tour - (same but with Steven guesting on drums)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2022 at 07:04 PM

9 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Pretty simple really... Some ppl have only seen nu guns till reunion guns... Ive seen both and hands down the brain, finck, stinson and an axl with cornrows ponytail on fire vocally and band tight smashes todays snoozefest live show mickey mouse vocal and crap drummer and a sailor moon chick standing on a platform band??

Just my opinion of course... 2007 axl was awesome my first and fav gnr show still to this day. Raspy and had good ol baz opening for guns and he came out an co sang my michele 🙏👌😀

There would be no NuGNR without the original 5. You can't touch 87-88 line up. They wrote the fucking songs. And GNR are known for those songs not Chinese's

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Well it has the be the appetite 5 line up because without that line none of the other versions on the poll would have happened, and when an option is the reason for the other options, that should win hands down.

Why should it win just because it was the first? Obviously I can see why people would prefer that lineup, but that's a weird reason to prefer it.

5 hours ago, agustingloger said:

There would be no NuGNR without the original 5. You can't touch 87-88 line up. They wrote the fucking songs. And GNR are known for those songs not Chinese's

Obviously the following lineups wouldn't have happened if the AFD lineup hadn't formed, but that's not the point of the thread. GNR's lineup changed with every album (aside from Lies if that counts) and obviously fans will prefer some lineups over others.

The AFD lineup is the best GNR lineup overall, but the 1999-2002 lineups were also great.

As far as being a live band, I'd say 80s > 1991 > 2010 > 1993 > 2006 > 1992 > NITL > 2002 > 2012-14

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:15 AM, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Pretty simple really... Some ppl have only seen nu guns till reunion guns... Ive seen both and hands down the brain, finck, stinson and an axl with cornrows ponytail on fire vocally and band tight smashes todays snoozefest live show mickey mouse vocal and crap drummer and a sailor moon chick standing on a platform band??

Just my opinion of course... 2007 axl was awesome my first and fav gnr show still to this day. Raspy and had good ol baz opening for guns and he came out an co sang my michele 🙏👌😀

Yeah that era was awesome! Axl sounded great and I thought the cornrows pulled back was a cool look. He still acted like a rock star on top of his game! Plus the energy at those 06/07 shows was on another level. I’ve seen them 23 times since 02’ and to me the 06’ Tour was the most energetic and best sounding I’ve ever heard them. Plus at the time there was a sense that when Chinese democracy would eventually come out it would sell millions instantly. Obviously that didn’t happen, but it was still a successful release and one of my all-time favorite albums

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:15 AM, bumcheecksmcghee said:

If today's lineup was the AFD 5 it wouldn't be close to the AFD 5 in 1987. No lineup live should have been in the poll after Axl stopped delivering "Axl vocals" live.

If they ever actually record new music with current vocals then we can do the poll again and add NITL studio to the mix for consideration.

Based on playing alone, If I was choosing the current band... leaving personalities aside or any other factors besides the music.

Axl 

Slash

Izzy

Bumblefoot (2009-onwards not 2006-07)

Duff

Matt

Steven

Dizzy

Melissa (but I'd gut the 2nd keyboard)

My preference from line ups that actually existed is a tie between 1993 and 2006.

• 3 weeks later...