1. 1. AFD Survivor Round 7

• Welcome to the Jungle
    • It's So Easy
    • Nightrain
    • Mr. Brownstone
    • Paradise City
    • Rocket Queen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/26/2022 at 07:00 AM

Where do we go?
Where do we go now?

Sweet Child o' Mine....is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - Anything Goes
Round 2 - You're Crazy
Round 3 - Think About You
Round 4 - Out ta Get Me
Round 5 - My Michelle
Round 6 - Sweet Child o' Mine
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

This is quite a shocking result to see SCOM go this early, but that is how the members of the forum have willed it to be! 

Pretty fun game, so far, most my votes were "correct". 

This one is tougher, but song writing wise, it's so easy is the most "simple" one, so it gets my vote (although it's great song). 

For the Finale I hope for jungle vs. Rocket queen. 

And afterwards you should continue with the other albums, would be interesting. 

Sweet child that early??? 🤣 Sorry but you're just wrong if you voted for it, voted purely based on overplaying it which does not equal a bad song. If there's any gnr fan that initially heard SCOM, WTTJ, PC and thought "ugh this is bad/isn't great" they wouldn't be on this forum they are the base structure for the entire band/fanbase. I suppose if you don't like those you also hate Patience, YCBM and NV😄 taste is taste... but wrong is wrong too🤣 

Historically even, SCOM is so important to gnr, it's got the most famous gnr riff and solo and it's covered by everybody and universally accepted as an all time classic. There's no logic here today😋

Mr Brownstone is up next... Well unless ye are going to cut PC first? seems unlikely but I'd have said that about SCOM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Sweet child that early??? 🤣 Sorry but you're just wrong if you voted for it, voted purely based on overplaying it which does not equal a bad song. 

To be fair, nobody is voting for the objectively worst songs here. People are voting for their least favorite songs, which is entirely subjective. And it doesn't really matter why they don't like the song. Even if it's just because it's overplayed, it's still their least favorite song, so it's an honest and valid opinion.

That being said I agree that SCOM was voted out too early. But this is democracy. And it's interesting to see what songs people like and dislike the most here.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, opalho said:

Sweet Child O' Mine over PC or Brownstone?? That song has some of the best guitar work I've heard, and inspired to be a guitarist. This is mad, I also tell you!

I guess many fans got bored of SCOM only because of disasterous post 2012 performances. I myself used to like the song so much but Axl has been butchering it so much that the song has been pain in my ears for quite some years now. Just like KOHD.  

Edited by ©GnrPersia

SCOM has been eliminated due to overplaying...there´s no other explanation.

I guess for any fan of the band, its a song that defines GNR at its best...I mean Axl's multiple voices at the top of their game, Duff's bass, Slash's solo, the change of the outro, Axl aiaiaiaias....its GNR definied in one song

I think SCOM and Civil War are the 2 songs I would play for someone who asks me what 's special about GnR.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Sweet child that early??? 🤣 Sorry but you're just wrong if you voted for it, voted purely based on overplaying it which does not equal a bad song. If there's any gnr fan that initially heard SCOM, WTTJ, PC and thought "ugh this is bad/isn't great" they wouldn't be on this forum they are the base structure for the entire band/fanbase. I suppose if you don't like those you also hate Patience, YCBM and NV😄 taste is taste... but wrong is wrong too🤣 

Historically even, SCOM is so important to gnr, it's got the most famous gnr riff and solo and it's covered by everybody and universally accepted as an all time classic. There's no logic here today😋

Mr Brownstone is up next... Well unless ye are going to cut PC first? seems unlikely but I'd have said that about SCOM.

I'm sure nobody here is thinking that any of these songs are "bad" at all, it's just a game where you HAVE to vote your - at that given day - least favorite of the bunch.

Just relax and don't vote ISE. :D