what was the first guns n roses song you listened to?

4 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

were you their live?

Naa, unfortunately not. My old man never went to it either, he seen the Brian May band later on that year instead. I still think he was off his tits at that decision. He never bothered seeing Queen at Knebworth either (their last ever show) - had a ticket and everything, but chose to see a Celtic XI play a bounce game instead. Again - off his tits :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Naa, unfortunately not. My old man never went to it either, he seen the Brian May band later on that year instead. I still think he was off his tits at that decision. He never bothered seeing Queen at Knebworth either (their last ever show) - had a ticket and everything, but chose to see a Celtic XI play a bounce game instead. Again - off his tits :lol:

ok would have been nice if you did with the stories you could tell

I can't remember now. Probably whatever charted first in the UK Top 40 chart. I used to listen to Radio 1 every Sunday eve  and record onto tape whichever songs I liked.

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/15737/guns-n'-roses/

According to this site it would have been SCOM. Looks like ISE and Jungle were released before that but didn't chart under 40 the first time around. After the success of SCOM, Jungle then charted again in the top 10 a year later.

We didn't have MTV or anything like it at home so my best guess is SCOM.

• Like 1

Don't Cry (alternate lyrics). 

My sister had a cd of UYI II and gave it to me and said don't cry was her favourite, I gave it a listen and thought there were multiple singers, was blown away when she told me it was the same guy doing that crazy voice. Became an instant fan, it was summer '99 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Jungle. 

We took a family trip to Cedar Point (a theme park in northern Ohio) and when my brother fell asleep, I raided his cassette case. 

I picked out Appetite because it looked bad ass, of course. I rewound it to the start and hit play. 

The memory of hearing Jungle for the first time is extremely vivid. I can see the whole memory play out in my head every single time I hear the song. 

I can also remember hearing Welcome for the first time. I heard Sweet Child first, on summer vacation in Germany in 1988. A few days later I bought the album on vinyl. When listening to it back home after the trip, the staccato intro to Welcome with Axl's scream was different to anything I hard ever heard. I moved the needle back and listened to that intro again and again before hearing the rest of the song. I was hooked. Sweet Child may have been my first, but I fell in love with Welcome. 

• Like 3

WTTJ when I was 14. It was 2012 and at the time, I was listening to whatever was in the top 40. Anyways, I bought an iPod and somehow Appetite ended up being synced onto it without my knowledge. Later in the day, I was listening to my songs on shuffle and WTTJ came up. It was one of those "Holy shit, play that again!" moments. I very quickly found Nightrain, SCOM, and PC. I grew up in a shitty household, so I think the anger and attitude on AFD provided a release for me.

• Like 3