what was the first guns n roses song you listened to?

Couldn't tell you for sure. Obviously grew up hearing the classics on the radio here and there. My earliest memory though would be Paradise City in the backyard while walking from the garage to the deck sometime in the early 2000s. Dunno why that sticks out so much. Just an 11 year going to the backyard pool and hearing Paradise City. 

Heard some of my peers doing a cover of scom when I was in junior high. Wasn't impressed. About a year later, I saw the music video of PC, loved the song and how cool the band looked, haven't fallen in love with a band/artist in the same way before or since. A couple of weeks later, I bought AFD, and that was it. My adolescence was all about GNR.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You Could Be Mine! rock3 When I was watching Terminator 2 - Judgment Day; I first heard a part of the song when John was revving up his bike while Janelle is telling him to get in there and clean up his room until Todd comes out and tells him to do so and he takes off on his bike, then he is riding in the flood control channel with the intro jam building up, and then finally in the ending credits when the Terminator 2 theme finished and the first 2 minutes of You Could Be Mine played I couldn't believe it!:headbang: It was the most rebellious song I had ever heard at that point and it never left me!

Edited by Screamin' Demon
  • Like 2

The first time I heard them was as a kid walking through the living room while MTV was airing the Ritz. I can't tell you what song it was, because it wasn't really the music that caught my eye. It was the fact that they looked like real, honest-to-God criminal skuz-buckets. Even though I was just a kid, I could tell that right away. These guys weren't like Bon Jovi or Poison. These guys were the real deal. Scary mother fuckers lol.

I was hooked.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rayno said:

Don't Cry on the radio, 1991 or 92. Not bad "choice" considering the fact it was the first song written for GN'R.

Don't Cry *may* have in fact been the first song that I heard from GN'R as well; I recall seeing it in the full music video version & it may have been prior to seeing You Could Be Mine in Terminator 2. Nonetheless, You Could Be Mine took the first impression on me & sunk deep down into me seeing that I was more into adolescent, juvenile hobbies at that time & didn't understand deep, meaningful things as effectively as I do now that I'm 36.

• Like 1

My cousin bought TSI cassette on premiere so I assume first ever was some of that. I didnt like it at that time, i was around 8 yrs old.

YCBM was my first choice cause of t2, so around 1995 it clicked for me.

Edited by Tomek1985

On 4/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, Screamin' Demon said:

You Could Be Mine! rock3 When I was watching Terminator 2 - Judgment Day; I first heard a part of the song when John was revving up his bike while Janelle is telling him to get in there and clean up his room until Todd comes out and tells him to do so and he takes off on his bike, then he is riding in the flood control channel with the intro jam building up, and then finally in the ending credits when the Terminator 2 theme finished and the first 2 minutes of You Could Be Mine played I couldn't believe it!:headbang: It was the most rebellious song I had ever heard at that point and it never left me!

Same for me. Thank for sharing the story mate!