Looking for a certain interview

Last night I was watching an interview with Duff talking about appearing with Axl in 2010 and how they were coincidentally booked into hotel rooms next to each other. I can’t find it now! Does anyone know of a link to it? It was on YouTube and he spoke

about how there was no feelings of resentment between them. 

1 hour ago, Honeyxcyanide said:

Last night I was watching an interview with Duff talking about appearing with Axl in 2010 and how they were coincidentally booked into hotel rooms next to each other. I can’t find it now! Does anyone know of a link to it? It was on YouTube and he spoke

This?  Last 3 minutes or so - 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:39 PM, Honeyxcyanide said:

Protip:

Go to the history section at Appetite for Discussion: GLOBAL INDEX (a-4-d.com)

Scroll down to 2010 or search ion the page for "London" and "Duff" or similar and find the chapter named "OCTOBER 14-15, 2010, DUFF AND AXL RECONNECT IN LONDON": MARCH-DECEMBER 2010 - TOURING EUROPE AND REUNITING WITH DUFF (a-4-d.com)

Here you will find a few quotes from Duff on the circumstances around meeting Axl, with links directly to the respective interviews. Granted, there are still quotes from Duff on this that will be included in the chapter, but maybe you will find what you were looking for.

*toot, toot*

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Protip:

Go to the history section at Appetite for Discussion: GLOBAL INDEX (a-4-d.com)

Scroll down to 2010 or search ion the page for "London" and "Duff" or similar and find the chapter named "OCTOBER 14-15, 2010, DUFF AND AXL RECONNECT IN LONDON": MARCH-DECEMBER 2010 - TOURING EUROPE AND REUNITING WITH DUFF (a-4-d.com)

Here you will find a few quotes from Duff on the circumstances around meeting Axl, with links directly to the respective interviews. Granted, there are still quotes from Duff on this that will be included in the chapter, but maybe you will find what you were looking for.

*toot, toot*

Oh wow thank you that’s a brilliant resource to have. I’ll have a search and hopefully it’s there. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s no way them being in London at the same time was a “coincidence” like Duff says it was…

I tend to believe him. The Metropole is a strange choice for Axl stay at for a gig at the 02 but for business meetings it’s a lot more central. Ending up in joining rooms is fate though 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Honeyxcyanide said:

Oh wow thank you that’s a brilliant resource to have. I’ll have a search and hopefully it’s there. 

Excellent. The history section only contains interviews up to the end of 2012, so I will guaranteed add more quotes from Duff on this event as I work my way forward. 

On 2/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, Honeyxcyanide said:

I tend to believe him. The Metropole is a strange choice for Axl stay at for a gig at the 02 but for business meetings it’s a lot more central. Ending up in joining rooms is fate though 

I feel like Duff scheduled his business meeting in the UK while NuGuns was there on purpose. But I guess you never know!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, Honeyxcyanide said:

The Metropole is a strange choice for Axl stay at for a gig at the 02 but for business meetings it’s a lot more central. Ending up in joining rooms is fate though 

Maybe they both booked rooms there to have a business meeting, then?

"In the end I just went to the door of his hotel room. People from his entourage stopped me in the hallway. “You can’t go in right now, man,” said one. “He’s about to get in the shower to get ready for he show tonight.” “I’ve seen him naked before,” I said. The door to Axl’s room opened a crack. “I thought I heard your voice out here,” said Axl." - src

"There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh — it's Duff!" -src

It's funny how Duff kept mentioning how the hotel manager egged him on about the 02 show. You wouldn't think he gave Team Brazil the same treatment, dutifully telling them he booked "the bass player" to a room next to Axl? If it was an "accident", the TB crew would've been mortified, on the grounds that Axl might get royally upset for having an unannounced ex-member at such close proximity. This, in turn, could've led to temper tantrums about wanting a new hotel and maybe toying with the idea of canceling the show.

On 2/27/2022 at 12:39 AM, Honeyxcyanide said:

I guess the most detailed text on this can be found in Duff's book It's So Easy and Other Lies.

6 hours ago, denin said:

Maybe they both booked rooms there to have a business meeting, then?

"In the end I just went to the door of his hotel room. People from his entourage stopped me in the hallway. “You can’t go in right now, man,” said one. “He’s about to get in the shower to get ready for he show tonight.” “I’ve seen him naked before,” I said. The door to Axl’s room opened a crack. “I thought I heard your voice out here,” said Axl." - src

"There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh — it's Duff!" -src

It's funny how Duff kept mentioning how the hotel manager egged him on about the 02 show. You wouldn't think he gave Team Brazil the same treatment, dutifully telling them he booked "the bass player" to a room next to Axl? If it was an "accident", the TB crew would've been mortified, on the grounds that Axl might get royally upset for having an unannounced ex-member at such close proximity. This, in turn, could've led to temper tantrums about wanting a new hotel and maybe toying with the idea of canceling the show.

That’s a great point! I didn’t think of the manager telling Axl’s team the same thing. They must have freaked out so bad lol. Duff says he hadn’t seen or spoken to Axl for 13 years at this point.