• Nice Boys
    • Move to the City
    • Mama Kin
    • Patience
    • Used to Love Her
    • You're Crazy
    • One in a Million

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/2022 at 07:00 AM

2 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Reckless life is brilliant. This is a farce.

I really didn't know what to pick and it ended up being RL, every other song is kinda better if only marginally. I couldn't vote Mama Kin because it was one of the first 2 songs I ever heard by GNR and made me like the band, and the other close contender was MTTC but I like that song a lot more. I don't even know when I last listened to Reckless Life, Shadow Of Your Love is like the same song to me but better. RL is like a rocker in style of OTGM but stripped of any coolness, just too basic, a song any band could have come up with.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

13 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

I know it's going to be unpoppular, but my vote goes to Patience. Great song, nothing aginst, but I have listened to it a million times, and I'm a bit tired of it

I certainly get it, and this isn't a dig at you, but a legit question: is the point of these survivor rounds to vote for the song that's the best, or just ones we're currently in the mood to listen to (i.e. just ones that we like at the moment).  Because, while I get that you may be tired of hearing it and therefore won't vote for it, it's CLEARLY the best song of the album.  

In other words, voting for the best songs, or voting for our favorite?  I don't think best and favorite always go hand in hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kozydogg said:

Mama Kin because I don't think it adds a unique take on the song or makes it better.  Plus, unless it's an excellent or iconic cover (KOHD), I won't rank it higher than originals.  Nice Boys is definitely the better cover on this one.  

Mama Kin would be my next choice but going by the poll I'm clearly going to have to vote UTLH for a few rounds yet. :lol:

8 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Voted for OIAM because while it’s a superb song musically and in how Axl is singing as a whole, Axl decided to act like an idiot and write lyrics that can’t be condoned. And for a guy who’s not an idiot and seems very careful about what he says(court case footage for example), this was a moment he sat on his brains.

His lyrics are great. However, the song is so good that a change to the lyrics would have served the song and album better. I don’t think this survivor round thing works as well with the other albums especially this album. 

54 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

His lyrics are great. However, the song is so good that a change to the lyrics would have served the song and album better. I don’t think this survivor round thing works as well with the other albums especially this album. 

Have they ever done a censored version or a cut lyric version?

Surprised to see Reckless Life go already now. One of my favourites from this album for sure. As Welcome to the Jungle is representative for what the sound would be like when the AFD lineup had truly gelled, Reckless Life is representative of what the band was like before that, an inheritance from Hollywood Rose, in a sense more punk and glam and showcasing the best of Axl's fierce pre-1987 vocals and delivery. I think it is really great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honeyxcyanide said:

Have they ever done a censored version or a cut lyric version?

And then? Censoring whole parts of the verses? It's not just the words like n*ggers and f*ggots but the whole context of the lyrics in the verses... you can't erase just a word or two and think everything is ok with the rest.

It's sad because it's one of GNR's best songs from a musical perspective and Axl's vocal approach. 

The winner are the people who don't speak english and don't care for the lyrics. They don't know what the song is about.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kozydogg said:

I certainly get it, and this isn't a dig at you, but a legit question: is the point of these survivor rounds to vote for the song that's the best, or just ones we're currently in the mood to listen to (i.e. just ones that we like at the moment).  Because, while I get that you may be tired of hearing it and therefore won't vote for it, it's CLEARLY the best song of the album.  

In other words, voting for the best songs, or voting for our favorite?  I don't think best and favorite always go hand in hand.

The thread says "least favourite", so I think the poll is not about the best/worst songs in the albums but for the songs you like more/less at this moment.

If somebody ask me next year, maybe my votes could be different

• Like 1