• Nice Boys
    • Move to the City
    • Mama Kin
    • Patience
    • Used to Love Her
    • You're Crazy
    • One in a Million

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2022 at 09:51 PM

Livin' like this never ever tore our lives apart!

Reckless Life....is gone! (By the thinnest of margins!)

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - Reckless Life
Round 2 - ???
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

For those who were around for this, was Lies viewed as an underwhelming follow-up to AFD? I only like about 3 songs on it.

Not really because it was never sold as a follow-up to Appetite, the band made sure to emphasis that this was just something quick to hold us over. People knew it was four songs form their earlier EP bundled with four new acoustic songs. It was so different that it didn't feel like the next chapter, so to speak. I remember I just considered it a cool thing they did while we waited for what would be the proper follow-up.

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Not really because it was never sold as a follow-up to Appetite, the band made sure to emphasis that this was just something quick to hold us over. People knew it was four songs form their earlier EP bundled with four new acoustic songs. It was so different that it didn't feel like the next chapter, so to speak. I remember I just considered it a cool thing they did while we waited for what would be the proper follow-up.

Yes. Also to cash in on the bands success. In reality, in 1988 they only recorded 3 songs for it as we surmised Patience was recorded in '87.

Anyway my vote is MTTC. That's my least favorite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Good to know, thanks! Wish they gave us a longer EP between CD and the next album! (Though they could still do this, perhaps we will get a longer EP in 2025 before the album drops in 2030 :D )

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

For me, "Reckless Life" being voted out so early has been the biggest surprise yet with this rankings. 

I can’t wrap my head around it. It’s so great gas that early GNR sound and it highlights the mindset of a bygone era. Considering there is total crap like Mama Kin and Move To The City isn’t that great. 

2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Yes. Also to cash in on the bands success. In reality, in 1988 they only recorded 3 songs for it as we surmised Patience was recorded in '87.

Anyway my vote is MTTC. That's my least favorite.

Where did you get that? As far as I know all songs were recorded in the same session. We already factually know they recorded more than 3 songs because they also recorded Move To The City in the same acoustic style in those same sessions, which is on the AFD boxset (+ Cornshucker, which isn't).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

For me, "Reckless Life" being voted out so early has been the biggest surprise yet with this rankings. 

As I mentioned in the original post, it was voted out by paper thin margins as well. Just a few people voting differently could have saved it. I don't think any other round so far has been that close! Reckless Life was only two votes ahead of Move to the City, and three votes ahead of Mama Kin.

• Sad 1