What about Official videos for Chinese Democracy songs ???

2006 was probably the last year Axl could have been in a November Rain style video, and looked great. 

A Better video was planned (not the one that leaked), as was one for Chinese Democracy, and if memory serves, one for Street of Dreams as well. Makes sense, as all 3 were singles for that album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

2006 was probably the last year Axl could have been in a November Rain style video, and looked great. 

A Better video was planned (not the one that leaked), as was one for Chinese Democracy, and if memory serves, one for Street of Dreams as well. Makes sense, as all 3 were singles for that album.

When do you think those three should be released?

On 3/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, AtlasShrugged said:

Do you think the current line-up should re-record Chinese in its entirety? Would you buy a copy? If there was a box set released would you buy it?

Why should they do something like this. Don't you think it's enough that they re recorded the unreleased CD stuff? 

Time to move on and write some new music than wasting time with bullshit like this.

Edited by Free Bird

45 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Why should they do something like this. Don't you think it's enough that they re recorded the unreleased CD stuff? 

Time to move on and write some new music than wasting time with bullshit like this.

Why not? Axl always wanted to get the current players on the tracks and they've been killing it live on the tracks since 2016, with Slash taking the solos to a new level

2 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Why not? Axl always wanted to get the current players on the tracks and they've been killing it live on the tracks since 2016, with Slash taking the solos to a new level

It's one thing to play some songs live and another to waste your time rerecord already released songs. Just do what a real band would do and spend your time in writing and recording your own songs... that's my opinion at least. It's not like this band has released plenty of records on a regular basis. 

There's a lot of catching up to do.

35 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's one thing to play some songs live and another to waste your time rerecord already released songs. Just do what a real band would do and spend your time in writing and recording your own songs... that's my opinion at least. It's not like this band has released plenty of records on a regular basis. 

There's a lot of catching up to do.

Fair, that makes sense. I suppose we'll know by the end of the year whether they decide to re-record them or not!

I do think there's something to the belief that Chinese Democracy could've been seen much better and even had some nostalgia for a younger generation if there were some videos made for it. As it stands it's a solid album with a well publicized history and somewhat orphaned. Even The Spaghetti Incident got a few videos made for it. Also only Axl would disappear publicly from July 2007-December 2009 while the album came out only to tour the album from 2009-2014.

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

I do think there's something to the belief that Chinese Democracy could've been seen much better and even had some nostalgia for a younger generation if there were some videos made for it. As it stands it's a solid album with a well publicized history and somewhat orphaned. Even The Spaghetti Incident got a few videos made for it. Also only Axl would disappear publicly from July 2007-December 2009 while the album came out only to tour the album from 2009-2014.

I think that most people don't even know that it exists.

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I think that most people don't even know that it exists.

If they do it's because it took "15 years to make" which we know is B.S. Proper promotion would've gone a long way though, I don't think Axl should be surprised that people don't connect with an album that should've come out earlier than it did multiple times and had very sporadic stop/start touring in support of it. I just think lack of music videos gives the album no visual identity especially 13 years later.

5 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

When do you think they should release the Catcher in the Rye video? Perhaps July 16th when the book was officially released all those years ago

Dude, just fuckin stop. You’re clearly delusional and everyone who’s viewed this thread has either laughed or scoffed at your thread. Are you even aware of the Better music video that leaked? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Probably the only solo Slash did better than the original imo... from the songs I'm listening to at least.

This is kind of a different topic but I always wonder if the version of TIL that ended up on Chinese Democracy is the same, at least vocally as the version that was intended for What Dreams May Come in 1998.

• janrichmond changed the title to What about Official videos for Chinese Democracy songs ???
2 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Dude, just fuckin stop. You’re clearly delusional and everyone who’s viewed this thread has either laughed or scoffed at your thread. Are you even aware of the Better music video that leaked? 

What are you talking about delusional? 

And what Better video? 

21 hours ago, mystery said:

This is kind of a different topic but I always wonder if the version of TIL that ended up on Chinese Democracy is the same, at least vocally as the version that was intended for What Dreams May Come in 1998.

No, the original was very sparse, axl and a piano I believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

No, the original was very sparse, axl and a piano I believe. 

I was looking up information on this, there's not info on whether the vocals are what ended on Chinese but Dave Dominguez around 2005 described the length as being 5-6 minutes which is accurate to the final song. There's also additional info I looked up that said the song was being worked on with instrumentation in 2005.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, rumandraisin said:

Worryingly didn't axl say in like 2012 or 2014 something along the lines of "we're still working Chinese". I used to think MJ promoting albums 2 years on still releasing singles was absurd but in axls mind still plugging and touring a 6 year old album is incredible 

It's because he has nothing else to work on.