• November Rain
    • The Garden
    • Garden Of Eden
    • Don't Damn Me
    • Bad Apples
    • Dead Horse
    • Coma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2022 at 07:00 AM

This is harder than I thought. A few songs I don't care for that much but which do I like the least?

I went for You Ain't the First.

I actually like Back off Bitch (kind of). The lyrics are terrible, like a sexist nursery rhyme time but it has energy and the music is really catchy. Upon close scrutiny they have a number of songs with potential hampered by subpar lyrics.

I voted Bad Apples.  Perhaps just a function of album placement, immediately after Don’t Damn Me and the two closers.  All three are far superior IMO.  I agree with post above, Back off Bitch is catchy as hell and is hurt by ‘subpar’ lyrics.  But the song itself is always enjoyable.

55 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Never liked the studio version of Dust N Bones…

Axl ruined it with his vocal overdubs.
That's the only thing about UYI that I don't like, the many redundant vocal overdubs.
A good producer would have talked him out of doing them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Axl ruined it with his vocal overdubs.
That's the only thing about UYI that I don't like, the many redundant vocal overdubs.
A good producer would have talked him out of doing them.

Haha for me the best part of Dust n Bones is when Axl breaks in by far

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Haha for me the best part of Dust n Bones is when Axl breaks in by far

I don't mind the first chorus, but in the second chorus his background vocals get really annoying in my opinion.
Not sure what he's trying to do there, but it ain't working.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't mind the first chorus, but in the second chorus his background vocals get really annoying in my opinion.

i really love the axl part in dust n bones brings me gosebumps

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bad Apples is one of the most underrated GNR songs, period. If you voted for it, you're wrong and fuck you.

The language with this one! :P

UYI I and II are full of fillers, IMO. I have a cassette player in my Mercedes, and it's a pain skipping around both albums to get to the meat and potatoes. Thank God for the Hard Skool EP on cassette. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, darkside259 said:

i really love the axl part in dust n bones brings me gosebumps

That's cool, to each their own.
It just sounds like some satanic or perverted voice he's trying to produce in that second chorus.
And I personally don't care about that. If I want to hear that I'd go listen to Marilyn Manson or some shit like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's cool, to each their own.
It just sounds like some satanic or perverted voice he's trying to produce in that second chorus.
And I personally don't care about that. If I want to hear that I'd go listen to Marilyn Manson or some shit like that.

oh yes ofc maybe is that i like marilyn manson to lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Axl is to blame for a lot of immature soundeffects and other bullshit on the UYI records but his background vocals on Dust N' Bones aren't part of it IMO.

To me DNB is probably a top 5 song on this record and I love everything of it, including Axl.

Then again, my father likes this song too but he dislikes the chorus because of Axl.

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

Back off Bitch

Crazy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Axl is to blame for a lot of immature soundeffects and other bullshit on the UYI records but his background vocals on Dust N' Bones aren't part of it IMO.

To me DNB is probably a top 5 song on this record and I love everything of it, including Axl.

Then again, my father likes this song too but he dislikes the chorus because of Axl.

Crazy

"Crazy" already is out in "Lies" album Round 7.....:lol:

• Haha 2

Did not even have to think: "Back off Bitch". 

With Appetite, I had a general idea of where things would go, even if it was not my personal opinion (i.e., I am a huge an of the Appetite version of "You're Crazy" but know it is not well-loved). Lies came out swinging with one of the songs I assumed would go towards the end being knocked out early (or was it even the first one to go): "Reckless Life". 

Looks like Use Your Illusion I will follow the "Lies" trend. I certainly did not expect "Bad Apples" to go first (as it's looking). I personally love the song, but figured it would at least make it half-way. In complete seriousness, what makes "Bad Apples" worse than, say "Back off Bitch", one of the most boring songs in the GN'R catalogue? 

Maybe it's because it remains a Guns N' Roses song I overlooked for years (so it has not "worn out" to me), but I actually consider "You Ain't the First" one of the highlights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willl said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one voting for November Rain, stand up and show yourselves my fellow Nov Rain haters :D 

There's a few songs I'll vote for before November Rain but it's not high on my list of favourites. It's the only 'big' GNR song I'm meh about.

But if Estranged doesn't win UYI2 Survivor there will be trouble. :lol:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alfierose said:

There's a few songs I'll vote for before November Rain but it's not high on my list of favourites. It's the only 'big' GNR song I'm meh about.

But if Estranged doesn't win UYI2 Survivor there will be trouble. :lol:

UYI2 will come down to Estranged and Locomotive. But this album will be more unpredictable I think. 

• Like 1