• November Rain
    • The Garden
    • Garden Of Eden
    • Don't Damn Me
    • Bad Apples
    • Dead Horse
    • Coma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2022 at 07:00 AM

I guess DTJ and Dead Horse are looking like favourites for now.

I like both but DTJ to me always feels unfinished, like its missing a final verse. It starts off really strong then just segues into Slash's solo then instrumental end. I always listen to it and imagine Axl and Izzy half way through fucking off and not bothering to complete it. :lol:

• Haha 3

UYI I is the better of the Illusions, the only tracks I skip are Bad Obsession and November Rain

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I guess DTJ and Dead Horse are looking like favourites for now.

I like both but DTJ to me always feels unfinished, like its missing a final verse. It starts off really strong then just segues into Slash's solo then instrumental end. I always listen to it and imagine Axl and Izzy half way through fucking off and not bothering to complete it. :lol:

Probably had a fight :bitchfight:

• Haha 2

UYI2 is better. Most of my UYI faves are on that album. There are songs on UYI1 I like but none I really love.

I think 1 is a mediocre album with some okay to good tracks but not a lot that stands out. (I know Coma and NR fans will disagree)

I think 2 is a very good album but held back from greatness by My World, So Fine and Get in the Ring.

I like the two album concept and being a bit out of the box is what made GNR fascinating but the best tracks off both albums could have made one album that was as good as or almost as good as AFD.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

UYI2 will come down to Estranged and Locomotive. But this album will be more unpredictable I think. 

As much as I love those two, You Could Be Mine and Civil War rate slightly higher for me. Maybe because they were both out long before the album dropped, but I absolutely love those songs 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

As much as I love those two, You Could Be Mine and Civil War rate slightly higher for me. Maybe because they were both out long before the album dropped, but I absolutely love those songs 

There's going to be some tough competition on that one.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I think Axl's fans prefer UYI II more, and Slash's fans prefer UYI I.

I'm more of an Axl fan but I definitely prefer UYI I.

II has some great songs but is way less consistent. It's 50% great and 50% filler - My World, Shotgun Blues, Get In the Ring and So Fine are probably the worst songs from the UYI set, Don't Cry Alt is good but pointless, 14 Years is weaker than the Izzy songs on UYI I and KOHD is boring and overplayed.

7 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

They'll probably make it to the last 3-5 rounds, but I think the finals will come down to the 'Axl epic' vs the 'Slash epic'. I think YCBM will last longer than Civil War.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They'll probably make it to the last 3-5 rounds, but I think the finals will come down to the 'Axl epic' vs the 'Slash epic'. I think YCBM will last longer than Civil War.

Yeah, I think you’re right about that. I’ll never forget the day I bought the Nobody’s Child CD. Must have listened to Civil War on repeat for a month straight. The whistling, the slow build up. I love that song!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Yeah, I think you’re right about that. I’ll never forget the day I bought the Nobody’s Child CD. Must have listened to Civil War on repeat for a month straight. The whistling, the slow build up. I love that song!

It's a great song, still gets occasional radio play around here and always seems to get a good response live. But as far as the 'epics' go, it's better than Breakdown but not on the same level as Estranged or Locomotive.