• Double Talkin' Jive
    • November Rain
    • The Garden
    • Garden Of Eden
    • Don't Damn Me
    • Dead Horse
    • Coma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/2022 at 07:00 AM

For as much as people talk about the Use your Illusions album containing filler (and admittedly, the Use Your Illusion II seems a little bit more guilty of this than Use Your Illusion I), after eliminating these first three songs, it has actually made me realize how solid of an album this is. I am going to have to go with "Live and Let Die". I consider it a completely serviceable cover, and always killer live (the one song Axl has never faltered on), but the band doesn't put enough of their "stamp" on it to make it stand out. Like others said, it came down to this or "Bad Obsession" at this point, but I think "Bad Obsession" has enough of the GN'R "soul" that I am willing to let it live another day. 

It's crazy how different peoples opinions and tastes can be. The three that are gone are some of my favorites. And it looks like Bad Obsession will be next go, and that's another one I really like. I'll keep voting Live and Let Die until it's gone. After that I'll have to put some thought into it. All great songs in their own right. Just some not as great as others. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

It's crazy how different peoples opinions and tastes can be. The three that are gone are some of my favorites. And it looks like Bad Obsession will be next go, and that's another one I really like. I'll keep voting Live and Let Die until it's gone. After that I'll have to put some thought into it. All great songs in their own right. Just some not as great as others. 

Bad Apples and You Ain't The First have become some of my favourites over the years. Bad Apples really sounds like a progression from AFD, the guitar interplay is great, the solo is great, all 4 of the remaining AFD members had writing credits on it, good lyrics and melodies for the most part... the "Axl's Advance Copy" demo is great too. You Ain't The First is a cool acoustic jam with some good vocals from Axl and Shannon, and nice guitars, it's great for what it is and I'd rank it higher than most Lies songs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

I don't mind Bad Obsession, I find it listenable enough. Not very attached to it so not fussed if it goes next.

A little surprised more don't like Garden of Eden. It's a fun song, high energy.

Listebable? The only song not listenable on the Illusions is My World. Bad Obsession is still a good song, as is Garden Of Eden and You Ain't The First. I just would prefer the rest because I think the rest is even better than those.