On this day in 2020, the last show before the pandemic was held in Mexico City (Vive Latino Festival). Comparing Axl's looks from 2020. and 2021.

Axl obviously didn’t work on his voice during the long pause due to the pandemic, but he did work on his physical shape. Axl looked much better, leaner and healthier in 2021. than in 2020.
Do you think that in 2022. Axl will return in even better physical shape? 
Axl sounded great at the last show of the 2021 tour, perhaps the best since 2016/early 2017, a phenomenal performances of Nightrain and PC as example. With Axl in even better shape, do you think that can help him sound great all year long, not like last year to start with a disaster like in Hershey and then get better as the tour progresses?

AXL's 2020 Photos:

2020-5.jpg

2020-4.jpg2020-1.jpg2020-2.jpg2020-3.jpg

AXL'S 2021 Photos:

2021-1.jpg2021-2.jpg

2021-3.jpg2021-4.jpg

2021-5.jpg

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

I remember the long thread speculating how Axl would look and sound after over a year out of action. Turns out the answer was the same. He actually looks pretty damn good in that first 2021 picture if it's the real deal, perfectly fine for a guy who was 59 at the time. 

It wouldn't hurt for him to change his style up a bit from the ripped jeans and black graphic tees. I'm mainly curious if his hair is longer. Maybe we'll see braids again for the 20th anniversary of the 2002 tour?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

It wouldn't hurt for him to change his style up a bit from the ripped jeans and black graphic tees.

He should just wear a simple classy suit like Izzy. His "Axl Rose Costume" makes him look like an idiot at his age. Somebody please tell him IS Axl Rose and he doesn't have to dress like him if that makes any sesne.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

He should just wear a simple classy suit like Izzy. His "Axl Rose Costume" makes him look like an idiot at his age. Somebody please tell him IS Axl Rose and he doesn't have to dress like him if that makes any sesne.

Nah. it doesn't make sense. He can dress however he wants to dress. I'm sure people were talking shit about the spandex shorts and mesh shirt too. He's wearing tshirt and jeans, but you want him in a suit why?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I don't think suits are Axl's style honestly. Something like this from 2006 would still look good today.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy__K189ANxCUGnYyT19T

Even this looks pretty cool.

Axl+Rose+is+seen+at+LAX+hKouC8_wdk_l.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

is not a costume is his personality his "alter ego" he found in that outfit whatever he needs to make the performance of axl rose, kinda like a chaman 

3 hours ago, deathrevan said:

he'd look better if he ditched the skinny jeans, and just went to regular pants that fit normal.  that would probably help him move around stage easier too

Nah. He's always had great legs. Still his best attribute* at 60 so why not show them off? :lol:

Spoiler

*Apart from the nose - according to Courtney Love (I think). :rofl-lol:

35 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I still can't believe Axl agreed to play that show. I wonder how many people died, or have long-term affects from covid, because of this decision.

Did he force people to fucking show up?? And really, if the promoter says the show happens and the goverment doesn't cancel it, it happens or there will be consquences for whoever decides to cancel.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Did he force people to fucking show up?? And really, if the promoter says the show happens, the goverment doesn't cancel it, it happens or there will be consquences for whoever decides to cancel.

Right, so he chose to play it, rather than face the consequences. Money talks...

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Right, so he chose to play it, rather than face the consequences. Money talks...

Well. Not only his money. Everyone's involved. I'm sure he could have afforded to not play though. Flying everyone and everything down there and returning after 1 show probably cost them more than if they would have just pulled out. Maybe he also just wanted to play. I also went to my last concert on march 8th and was fully prepared to go to more on march 11th and 15th had government not shut everything down.

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

You can't blame an artist for this :lol: Artists, and everyone else, have to adjust to recommendations and regulations by authorities - if they say it's fine then you can't expect the artist to know better.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Nah. it doesn't make sense. He can dress however he wants to dress. I'm sure people were talking shit about the spandex shorts and mesh shirt too. He's wearing tshirt and jeans, but you want him in a suit why?

Yes. They were. And really, Axl is not really a suit guy. He would look as retarded as Stinson in his damn suits.