On this day in 2020, the last show before the pandemic was held in Mexico City (Vive Latino Festival). Comparing Axl's looks from 2020. and 2021.

2 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I saw the band in Raleigh in 2021. I'm a bit biased in favor of that show since it was closer to the end of the run (Axl sounded better than he did at the beginning) and it also had what I would argue is one of the best set-lists they've ever played (it was the second performance of "Hard Skool" and we also got "Madagascar", "Catcher in the Rye", "Sorry", and "Absurd"), but Axl seemed on fire in a way I had not seen him in years. At this point, I have just accepted his voice is what it is, but the dude's energy was off the charts, and he talked between almost every song. For me, the fact that he was energized made all the difference and allowed me to overcome any shortcomings in his voice, and he apparently was at this level of energy more or less the whole tour. On the other hand, those 2019/2020 shows were about the only time I can accuse Axl of seeming like he was phoning it in, so seeing the drastic difference was stunning - absurd even ;)

Again, I saw the band towards the end of the tour, but I honestly thought his voice was not as bad as people made it out to be. The only song he truly seems incapable of singing consistently anymore is "Better" (which I do not take lightly, since that's one of my favorite songs), which is funny because he can do well on other songs that I would argue are more taxing. 

I was at that show too! Great setlist and great energy from Axl. He really did seem into it. My non Gn'R friend turned to me towards the end and said "They have too many hits." lol

He should go back to wearing the chaps and a leather cod-piece like the good ol’ days. With Kat taking lit b’n’fn’white photos from behind. :lol:

In all seriousness, he came back last time looking fit and formidable. An absolute credit to him and for a guy his age should be proud of himself that he’s not in the category of nearly 50% of fat adult Americans !

Slash and Duff also look amazing and as a long time fan of over three decades, it’s great to see all three in such good physical shape.

• Like 3