What Chinese Democracy song should be re-released with Slash and Duff

It is a well-known theory on this forum and in music circles generally that the lack of promotion on Chinese Democracy really hampered its ability to storm the charts as it should have.

Now that GN'R are the most dangerous band in the world again, I think it's the perfect time to re-record an old Chinese Democracy song with the new band and release it with full promotion: Music video, film soundtrack, Jimmy Fallon interview (we know there's a connection from the VMAs in 2002), radio interviews and maybe a podcast like Joe Rogan.

What song do you think GN'R should re-record with Slash and Duff? Should Axl re-do vocals or keep the originals? How many copies would you buy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Why ?

To give the songs their full potential and to show people who haven't heard the album how much the material rocks.

This will in turn bring GN'R to the mainstream and attract more fines to purchase the new album and buy tickets to the tours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread was done about a week ago with a slightly different title. 

Look, if people don't like Chinese as it is now, too fucking bad. It's a great album for what it is. Slash and Duff are not going to make it sound any better if you don't like the current songs. And the LAST thing that album needs is more time in the studio.

If they went and cut a few tracks live on the floor with the whole band, maybe I'd be interested in hearing it re-recorded but I'd consider it bonus material for an extended CD anniversary release, NOT an official release because 'people didn't get it the first time'.

• Like 4

If it wasn't appreciated in its original form, nothing Slash and Duff could bring to the table now would make it any different. CD songs sounded best around 2002 - 2006, without Ron and Frank.

GNR is a nostalgia act and has been for quite some time now, and the band seems to have fully embraced that.

As for mainstream media, the more they stay away from it the better. Hollywood is all about politics now, Fallon is a shallow corporate clown and Joe Rogan's and his fans' intellectual capacity would explode when having an actual conversation with Axl when Axl switches himself on.

Enjoy it for what it is, be grateful they're still around playing concerts. Expecting them to be "the most dangerous band in the word" ever again will only leave you dissapointed.

If any sort of re-release would make sense at this particular point in time, it would be CIVIL WAR - with strong images and a clear message to connect people instead of dividing them and to not follow any of those evil lunatics who call themselves political leaders and ruin whatever is left of the world as we knew it more every day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You might wanna stop phrasing your threads like it's a fact. 

And nobody gives a shit about CD anymore. It's been 13 years. Time to move on

What do you mean like it's a fact?

I still think if GN'R work the album more it could still have a chance at elevating its status in the music world.

Maybe wishful thinking but imagine a proper music video for a Slash version of Shackler's with Mickey Rourke as the Shackler haha

6 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

What do you mean like it's a fact?

I still think if GN'R work the album more it could still have a chance at elevating its status in the music world.

Maybe wishful thinking but imagine a proper music video for a Slash version of Shackler's with Mickey Rourke as the Shackler haha

Your thread title reads like duff and slash are going to re-record Chinese songs

• Like 2

Spot the difference:

"CD song to be re-released with Slash and Duff"
vs. 
"What CD song do you think should be re-released with Slash and Duff?"

Which title do ya think would be more appropriate? 

Btw: My answer to the CD question would be "none". The last thing we need is even more of this old stuff. Let's look ahead! 

• Like 2

• alfierose changed the title to What Chinese Democracy song should be re-released with Slash and Duff
1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Is this an alt account by CubanSkies Dumdum by any chance?

I don't think so although not impossible. The OP made the account in 2018.

Side note - I'm kinda surprised that the user name AtlasShrugged was available as late as 2018.