What if GN'R headlined the Super Bowl halftime show in 2023 ?? 😬

Honestly I think that if it was going to happen, it would have already happened. 2016 - 2018 would've been the prime time for a GN'R halftime show. The NFL is understandably trying to move away from Rock acts because of the oversaturation over the years. At least Slash had his Super Bowl moment in 2011 even if it wasn't how we all wanted it to be. 

• Like 1

dont think axl would agree to the terms and i dont think the nfl would take the risk on axl... but with that being said, id love to see it... doubt we'll get any rockband at the superbowl again for a long long time tho

8 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

One in a Million, are you insane?

pretty sure anyone thats still on a gnr forum has a few screws loose lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Better chance of Def Leppard playing it, at least they have a confirmed new album coming out.

But in reality, it will be another shitty rap show.

9 out of 10 hands say Def Leppard won't play the Super Bowl either. 

Zing! 

• Haha 2

I think they did a Super Bowl sponsored concert the Saturday before the Super Bowl in 2020 which might be the closest you'll ever get. When you consider that the acts performing have to pay the NFL to perform as well as their own expenses for their performance it makes little sense for Guns to do it. Guns N' Roses really don't need exposure as the NITL Tour is one of the highest grossing of all time and they'd likely have to lip sync which Axl dogged the Red Hot Chili Peppers for doing in 2014.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, AtlasShrugged said:

I know what you're thinking - it's a year away. But hear me out.

Would you be interested in starting a campaign to get Guns N'Roses to headline the Super Bowl half time show in 2023?

I think with the strength of this forum and an understanding of how to get the attention of Super Bowl execs, eg through writing letters, and a viral poster campaign in local neighbourhoods, we could convince them to get GN'R to headline the show.

In terms of the three songs they could do, I was thinking Welcome to the Jungle, Coma and Absurd to highlight the three distinct eras of GN'R.

What do you think? Would you put up posters in your neighbourhood? What three songs should they play?

2 of your 3 song selections are probably the worst they could be for national television, but I like the idea!

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:46 AM, RussTCB said:

Sweet, yet another trolling thread. 

POV: Are troll

Alright guys, hear me out, hear me out.

New terminator movie for 2024, with the new Guns N' Roses album being the soundtrack, and coincdentally on the same day the movie is released for Super Bowl 2025, Guns N' Roses AND Def Leppard team up for the halftime show, which is going to be termanitor themed. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, opalho said:

POV: Are troll

Alright guys, hear me out, hear me out.

New terminator movie for 2024, with the new Guns N' Roses album being the soundtrack, and coincdentally on the same day the movie is released for Super Bowl 2025, Guns N' Roses AND Def Leppard team up for the halftime show, which is going to be termanitor themed. 

A bit far-fetched that

• Haha 2