What if GN'R headlined the Super Bowl halftime show in 2023 ?? 😬

On 3/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, Sausagebrain said:

I'm hoping that the star of Super Bowl 2023 will be Josh Allen of the Bills.

Same here! This made me smile.

Go Bills!

Also, GNR is likely not gonna do the halftime show any time soon, so I don't know why people think they'll be a chance.

• Thanks 1

I kinda feel like the NFL is done with classic rock bands headlining the super bowl half time show.   The last time someone who would be considered a legacy act did it was Madonna 10 years ago and then the last classic rock band to play was the who in 2010.  

I think if GnR reunited in 2010 for example they might have done it sometime around then.  But things have changed

• Like 1

as much as I would have loved having GNR do the superbowl 15 years ago, it would be my nightmare now.  the thing most people talk about thebday after the super bowl is how bad the half time show is (regardless of who it is) and to have Axl pull some Mickey out for a billion people would make me embarrassed to be a GNR fan. 

but if it has to happen, do it the most rock n roll way ever

1. back off bitch

2. my world with a 10 minute mash up of all of the most offensive gnr lyrics ever mixed in- Pussy filled with maggots, my mother- she's just a cunt now, your daddy worked in Porto, panties round your knees.   all while dancers are reenacting the It's so Easy Video. 

3. one in a million.  

boom.  Career is either over or record sales will go thru the roof

lol

Edited by Chester 524
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:48 AM, Bitchisback said:

I kinda feel like the NFL is done with classic rock bands headlining the super bowl half time show.   The last time someone who would be considered a legacy act did it was Madonna 10 years ago and then the last classic rock band to play was the who in 2010.  

I think if GnR reunited in 2010 for example they might have done it sometime around then.  But things have changed

I kind of wish they'd have more rock bands and pair them with newer artists like RHCP and Bruno Mars. Honestly even in 2014 RHCP would probably be considered classic rock as they'd been a band for close to 30 years then.

For Guns N' Roses the optimal time would've been the UYI era, 1992 specifically even though they were on tour then. They'd progressed to stadium level by that point and Axl then was the perfect boisterous frontman to make it work.

1992 was the year Living Color had a show that beat the Super Bowl halftime show. This led the NFL to start getting serious about it going forward. The next year they got Michael Jackson who was probably the biggest name you could get and pretty much started the modern halftime show.

Edited by mystery

Besides the multitude of reasons this isn't going to happen the main one is that Jay Z is in charge of the halftime show and therefore it will be hip hop centric.

I guess if a rapper covered Absurd and used the GNR instrument samples and Axl's "Absurd" chorus like Run DMC with Walk this Way maybe it could happen.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, Gnrcane said:

Besides the multitude of reasons this isn't going to happen the main one is that Jay Z is in charge of the halftime show and therefore it will be hip hop centric.

I guess if a rapper covered Absurd and used the GNR instrument samples and Axl's "Absurd" chorus like Run DMC with Walk this Way maybe it could happen.

I didn't know about this, I do remember him signing a deal with the NFL at the time but didn't realize he has control over the halftime show. I definitely don't see any rapper touching Absurd but it'd be really entertaining if they did.

15 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I would rather see GNR fill the New Orleans and Boston Festival vacancy created by the Foo Fighters cancellations.  I'm not sure if they are contractually obligated to perform or how that works but it would be nice to see GNR step-in.  

That would be cool. Boston Calling is kind of a “small” festival tho. Would be insane if a band as big as GnR stepped into that. Guess you never know tho!

Plus Foo filled in for GnR at Rock In Rio Lisboa 2004, so in a way it’d kinda be like “returning the favor.”

RHCP is also free until June, so that’s an option as well.

Edited by rocknroll41

On 3/28/2022 at 1:07 AM, mystery said:

I kind of wish they'd have more rock bands and pair them with newer artists like RHCP and Bruno Mars. Honestly even in 2014 RHCP would probably be considered classic rock as they'd been a band for close to 30 years then.

For Guns N' Roses the optimal time would've been the UYI era, 1992 specifically even though they were on tour then. They'd progressed to stadium level by that point and Axl then was the perfect boisterous frontman to make it work.

1992 was the year Living Color had a show that beat the Super Bowl halftime show. This led the NFL to start getting serious about it going forward. The next year they got Michael Jackson who was probably the biggest name you could get and pretty much started the modern halftime show.

no doubt if Gn'R didn't break up they would have been asked in the 90s.  I don't think it's something the band would have considered back then though.