Possible cancellation of European tour?

11 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

We'll see. Europe/World is not the first time in an economic crisis and I honestly find it hard to believe that the crisis will be so great that it will affect the tour during the summer.

If you're tight in the pocket because of hiked fuel prices as well as the hikes in electricity, food etc. are you going to splurge €100 to see GNR? doubtful. A lot of people in lower paid work simply can't afford luxuries and GNR is an expensive ticket, saddled to expensive travel and accommodation. 

I still pretty confident the tour will happen though, but sales are probably not going to be record breaking. There's every chance there's a surge in sales closer to the date, but that would involve promotion from the promoter AND the band.

I'm reading a lot of bands are cancelling their European tours.

it's not safe right now and I doubt anything will get any better in the coming months.

It sucks for fans, but what can you do?

Better safe than sorry.

Also the new covid variant is hitting Europe now too.

In these suck times, we really need to see our favorite bands so we can forget for a few hours, but I doubt any European tour will happen this year.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm reading a lot of bands are cancelling their European tours.

I'm not seeing that. Lots of tours are being announced for the summer. The only shows getting cancelled are for march/April, though some of them should be good to go or are already happening (Spain for example) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I still pretty confident the tour will happen though, but sales are probably not going to be record breaking. There's every chance there's a surge in sales closer to the date, but that would involve promotion from the promoter AND the band.

That's my whole point, I don't think the European tour will be in question. 

Sales and interest in the Gn'R show is another story. It is logical that GNR will again have problems with ticket sales, as Gn'R is offering one and the same show with this lineup from 2016.

GNR had a tour in Europe in 2017 and 2018. And when we look at it, things haven’t changed after 4/5 years. The album is still out of sight, and 2 new songs are not a big step forward.

19 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Sales and interest in the Gn'R show is another story. It is logical that GNR will again have problems with ticket sales, as Gn'R is offering one and the same show with this lineup from 2016.

GNR had a tour in Europe in 2017 and 2018. And when we look at it, things haven’t changed after 4/5 years. The album is still out of sight, and 2 new songs are not a big step forward.

The show in Groningen was sold out almost immediately (and they played here a lot in the last 6 years). I don't know about other venues, though.

Edited by EvanG

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The show in Groningen was sold out almost immediately (and they played here a lot in the last 6 years). I don't know about other venues, though.

Yeah, I looked into some venues and the tickets I looked at, there weren't that many anymore. It wasn't as if I could pick any category or any seat I wanted at all. I don't get the idea ticket sales are poor.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

There's no interest in releasing a new album as far as the band is concerned imo. They will milk what songs are available, maybe one or two a year, so that they can continue touring and making money. Sales will probably continue to drop but who knows after people not being able to go to concerts for a long while. There may be an increase in sales. I haven't checked anything about that though so can't say. 

Edited by Jw224

I lost my mind and bought another ticket to see them this year. Prague and London!! really excited! Im not expecting much from Axl.. just happy to see them and hear my favourite songs once again. I know Slash will be great and it will make it worth it to me anyway.

Edited by Kelmi
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

There's no interest in releasing a new album as far as the band is concerned imo. They will milk what songs are available, maybe one or two a year, so that they can continue touring and making money. Sales will probably continue to drop but who knows after people not being able to go to concerts for a long while. There may be an increase in sales. I haven't checked anything about that though so can't say. 

As fa as sales go considering they played Slane in 2017 and almost sold out, they are now playing Marlay park which holds about 40000 less and it's no way near sold out. That's one country, I can't imagine Ireland is the only country with slow sales for GNR. 

They over milked the reunion and the sales are soft it's exactly what the majority of us said would happen. Best thing GNR could do is try and get another big band to co-headline. Obviously not on the cards for the announced shows. In 2023 it would be a sensible approach. I think the new album is about 3-4yrs too late. GNR are still huge, but they must know by now that their appeal is noway near what it was... look no further than the streams on Hardskool / Absurd. First new songs with Slash and most rock fans are still fairly unaware of both.

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

In these suck times, we really need to see our favorite bands so we can forget for a few hours, but I doubt any European tour will happen this year.

Rolling Stones thinks different. And most bands too. Except for some american bands too scared to leave their country, no one really has cancelled so far.

• Like 1

I can't see why it wouldn't go ahead. No suggestion it's getting cancelled is there? 

First time GNR will tour that I'm not going. Don't have the cash/enthusiasm when my bills are rocketing and SO many other bands are touring.......with new shows! Wish I felt differently, but there we go! 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, jamillos said:

I agree they should go ahead. Guess it's a difficult time for major tours like this. 

Did you just call us Eastern Europe, you *!"*?@* ****? :max: 
Seriously we like to call ourselves Central E., although I can't really blame anyone from the West not even being aware of any such thing. We are kinda in the middle (is what I want to believe). 

My bad - no offence intended. Been to Poland 3 times and will be attending GNR in my 4th visit, very much looking forward to visiting once more.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, jamillos said:

You apparently have no idea what's currently happening with the prices in EU countries, both due to millions of refugees and associated changes in economy and due to various production stoppages regarding materials from Ukraine, affecting jobs etc. Forget Covid, shit has hit the fan now. 

Im from Poland. Its exactly that. Gasoline 5,5 PLN to 8 PLN. Higher price of gasoline equals higher price pretty much of everything.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

Im from Poland. Its exactly that. Gasoline 5,5 PLN to 8 PLN. Higher price of gasoline equals higher price pretty much of everything.

On behalf of all Czechs, I apologize for the car queues we've been creating over your border in this shopping frenzy! :lol: :facepalm: :shrugs:

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 3:19 PM, Italian girl said:

In Italy they've never gone :P

we're still full of stupid restrictions :facepalm:

They've been gone a glorious 2 weeks here. Now they are back. :facepalm: But I'm sure by summer they're gone again. It really makes no sense, when all around all restrictions are lifted.

• Wow 1