Use Your Illusion I Survivor - FINAL RESULTS

History2010

6 hours ago, Nintari said:

Deserving. It's the most profound artist statement on the entire record imo. It may even be their magnum opus.

Estranged is the magnus opus. However, the fact GNR has 2-3 in such a short career is incredible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

Estranged is the magnus opus. However, the fact GNR has 2-3 in such a short career is incredible. 

Agree, those songs really show how incredibly good they were at writing and putting together something that makes sense untill the very end! And they made those songs well before they were 30

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I can see that. But for me, Coma takes it due to the the complexity and subject matter. Izzy needed a chord chart just to play it live. Slash said the arrangement was so bizarre that it forced Axl out of his comfort zone. It's a semi-autobiographical take on Axl's attempted suicide as well. All of that surpasses Estranged (for me), which is complex as well (though not as much), but when you boil it down, is also just another break-up song, dealing with Erin again. I would agree that melodically, Estranged has the edge. Oh, and the video as well. I know it gets hate, but it's one hell of a spectacle. Almost a mini-movie. But apart from that, I'm sticking with Coma.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Arnuld said:

So I could get behind Coma more if it didn’t have the doctor voices and other dumb voices and effects all over the song. It really detracts from what is a great song. Would love to hear it with all that edited out

It's Use Your Illusion. It should sound like that.

7 hours ago, drlaban said:

It's Use Your Illusion. It should sound like that.

Not really. All the dumb talking in some of the songs suck. I hate Axl’s voiceover at the end Breakdown too. I just want to listen to Slash’s solo lol. 

9 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Not really. All the dumb talking in some of the songs suck. I hate Axl’s voiceover at the end Breakdown too. I just want to listen to Slash’s solo lol. 

I can agree on Breakdown. But in general, UYI is and should be overproduced.