• Pretty Tied Up
    • Locomotive
    • So Fine
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine
    • Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)
    • My World

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2022 at 06:00 AM

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

Round 1 - ???
Round 2 - ???
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

How do you not vote My World as the first song to be ousted??

Because So Fine is about equally poor. My World has the virtue of at least trying to create something interesting, something that at the time was a bit novel. So Fine is just blaaaaaaaaaaand. It might be less abrasive to my ears but I hate boredom. I hate that least resistance writing. Generic ballad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Who's the psychopath that votes for Breakdown before my world? Seriously

My reaction as well.

Imagine opting to play My World over Breakdown.

Madness!

43 minutes ago, martinb33 said:

I'd be condemning My World like everyone else, if it weren't for Axl's teenage rant on Get in the Ring.

Yeah, they're cringe now, but they kind of speak to a time and place.  I can appreciate them for what they were. 

Plus the rest of the song is great (though, the verses sound very similar to The Beatles' "She Came In Through The Bedroom Window").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRmello77 said:

I think based on the percentage of votes we can say that My world is the worst song in GN'R' catalogue in the eyes of us hardcore fans

I think if it had been recorded by a different artist it might have found a home with a different fanbase.  In some ways it was ahead of its time with all the terrible nuMetal nonsense coming out eight or nine years later.

But it's definitely indicative of Axl either not knowing or giving a shit who his audience is. 

The Illusion albums seem like the polar opposite approach that Axl took with Chinese Democracy in terms of song inclusion.  Whereas with CD they wrote 30 - 70 songs and included a select few for the album, with the Illusion albums they seem to include scrap of music they had produced over the previous five to seven years.  

5 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Voted Shotgun Blues.

If it weren't for Mad World, this would easily be my first vote.  Wretched song.  Always hated the lyric "you can suck my ass."  

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think if it had been recorded by a different artist it might have found a home with a different fanbase.  In some ways it was ahead of its time with all the terrible nuMetal nonsense coming out eight or nine years later.

But it's definitely indicative of Axl either not knowing or giving a shit who his audience is. 

The Illusion albums seem like the polar opposite approach that Axl took with Chinese Democracy in terms of song inclusion.  Whereas with CD they wrote 30 - 70 songs and included a select few for the album, with the Illusion albums they seem to include scrap of music they had produced over the last five to seven years.  

If it weren't for Mad World, this would easily be my first vote.  Wretched song.  Always hated the lyric "you can suck my ass."  

I actually haven’t listened to My World in many, many years. Will do now. 😄

Eta: I did now and literally laughed out loud. It's a.... mess.

Edited by lilacmess