• Breakdown
    • Pretty Tied Up
    • Locomotive
    • So Fine
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine
    • Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/26/2022 at 06:00 AM

18 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I'm listening to Breakdown on my way to work right now.

I have to inform you that I was right, it's definately  one of the weaker songs. :D

The verses are lame and too long, the refrain is almost cringy with that old pervy voice (Let me hear you now!) and it's basically going nowhere.

Ya'll can correct your mistake and vote for Breakdown in the next round, thank you.

Why don't you go home and fuck your mother some more?

(sorry, recently watched Stand By Me again and wanted to use that quote ...)

• Wow 1

58 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The next 3 rounds are going to be very predictable imo, Shotgun Blues So Fine and then Get In The Ring will all go. After that, we're talking

46 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

You forgot Don't Cry alt. And Breakdown, of course.

Ok, I'll stop now. :D

These are exactly the 5 I'd vote out first. Breakdown before GITR of course:lol:

Sixth would be KOHD because of the stupid second half right after the second solo

4 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Can the ones who vote so fine tell me what they don't like about it compared to shotgun blues or get in the ring? 

I personally like the duet between axl and duff on it and it's a nice softer tune with a swing 

I voted for Shotgun Blues, but So Fine is in that "filler" realm IMO. Not a fan of Duff's karaoke singing. Not sure why GN'R has a history of bassists who want to sing lead with Axl, like what almost happened with Tommy on CD2.

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

So Fine x 1000

Come on people, don't let me down and vote it out. :lol:

Why are you so against hearing Axl croon?

Shotgun Blues for me.  It's just wretched.  There's about a four or five second stint at the end that's interesting, but the rest of the song is horrid. 

At least with So Fine you get to hear Axl sing like he's at a jazz bar.  

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Can the ones who vote so fine tell me what they don't like about it compared to shotgun blues or get in the ring? 

I personally like the duet between axl and duff on it and it's a nice softer tune with a swing 

Shotgun is a rocker, So Fine is a ballad. That's the short of it. I also don't like Duff's singing, the general melody, how boring it is and I can't help but picture bloated, bleached Duff in leather while hearing it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The next 3 rounds are going to be very predictable imo, Shotgun Blues So Fine and then Get In The Ring will all go. After that, we're talking

Two of them I like. See? :) 

Edited by jamillos

32 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

To me So fine is a sweet ballad, Shotgun Blues is really annoying as a whole.

Shotgun Blues is one of the first songs on my workout playlist for the gym, the pissed-offness of Axls voice and the riffs really translate well for that. So Fine on the other hand, it doesn't exactly make me "happuuh" to listen to a sweet ballad about a guy, and it's not instrumentally cool enough for me to want to go back for that either.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Are you saying my prediction is wrong? If not, ok, if yes, then make a better one or I'm not convinced.:lol:Because I fully stand by what I said

No I just mean it's divisive in every single inch, even this! :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

I never understood why Shotgun Blues gets so much hate - Get In The Ring is clearly the major dud on UYI2 (not including My World).

This. I can write off "My World" as a legitimate, but failed, experiment on Axl's part. "Shotgun Blues" remains a "C" tier song, but it has a certain charm. "Get in the Ring", to me, seems like something that appeals to a person when they are in high school, and never again. For me, it just presents such a momentum killer in what is one of their best string of songs. 

• Like 1