• Breakdown
    • Pretty Tied Up
    • Locomotive
    • So Fine
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine
    • Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/26/2022 at 06:00 AM

18 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

I’ll keep voting for alternate Don’t Cry until it’s gone. Never been a fan of that one. The lyrics and melodies in the original version fit the song much better in my opinion. 

In my opinion too. The original is far superior to the alt lyrics

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

I’ll keep voting for alternate Don’t Cry until it’s gone. Never been a fan of that one. The lyrics and melodies in the original version fit the song much better in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

In my opinion too. The original is far superior to the alt lyrics

'...with NO ONE ELSE TO CRY TO BABY!' is one of my favorite Guns moments probably. So much emotion from Axl. 

7 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Yep, now that My World is gone, I'll be voting for this until it goes too.

The most pointless song the band has ever put out (although still not as bad as My World).

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Yep, now that My World is gone, I'll be voting for this until it goes too.

The most pointless song the band has ever put out (although still not as bad as My World).

That's interesting. I prefer the alternative version over the original version, so to me the original version is the "pointless" release, not the alternative. That being said, I like having both versions although I would never put on the original when I can put on the alternative. 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's interesting. I prefer the alternative version over the original version, so to me the original version is the "pointless" release, not the alternative. That being said, I like having both versions although I would never put on the original when I can put on the alternative. 

Fair point. I guess either or would've been the way to go, I've just always been puzzled by the decision to include the 'same' song twice, especially when there's likely to have been a bunch of entirely different songs left out completely

On 3/25/2022 at 8:44 AM, SoulMonster said:

Shotgun is a rocker, So Fine is a ballad. That's the short of it. I also don't like Duff's singing, the general melody, how boring it is and I can't help but picture bloated, bleached Duff in leather while hearing it. 

The truly bizarre thing for me is how in the book, it's dedicated to a dude...

On 3/26/2022 at 8:35 AM, DoMw94 said:

Fair point. I guess either or would've been the way to go, I've just always been puzzled by the decision to include the 'same' song twice, especially when there's likely to have been a bunch of entirely different songs left out completely

I remember back in late 1991, or early 1992, seeing both versions on MTV's daily top 10 (as voted on by viewers) countdown at the same time. Yes, that really happened lol As a matter of fact, I think Live and Let Die was either number one or number two that day as well (it was battling with Smells Like Teen Spirit at the time).

Edited by Nintari