Skid Row- New singer

axl666

11 minutes ago, axl666 said:

Is there any info. about why Skid Row parted with their singer ZP Theart so close to a new album  release?

I saw them live a few years ago and thought that he was a great singer and the band were very tight.

Nope. Not one word. Everything seemd to be going alright. They were talking and mentioning on their Instagrams about recording the new album, they also did some shows last year and then this. Total mystery what was/is going on.

2 hours ago, axl666 said:

Is there any info. about why Skid Row parted with their singer ZP Theart so close to a new album  release?

I saw them live a few years ago and thought that he was a great singer and the band were very tight.

Something regarding Covid. Don't rember where I read it.

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I didn't know who the singer was to Skid Rowe that was replaced.

I think this band should give up or make up with Bach.  He was the best singer for SR, but honestly does anyone really care anymore?

ZP Theart was the singer that got replaced. They don't want to give up cause they seem to really like what they do and they're not interested in making up with Bach cause they can't stand him it seems.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think this band should give up or make up with Bach.  He was the best singer for SR, but honestly does anyone really care anymore?

Why should anyone give up on their passion? I'd love to see bach back in the fold but apparently the band has a strong dislike for him.

We that don't care for their new music aren't forced to listen to it. Cudos to them for still doing what they (obviously) love.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Rachel and Snake are millionaires. They haven't wanted Bach back  in 25 years and I doubt they'd go from clubs to arenas with him so at this point I doubt he comes back. I have little interest without Baz and I'm sure the vast majority of people that were big fans during their heyday feel the same. 

13 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Rachel and Snake are millionaires. They haven't wanted Bach back  in 25 years and I doubt they'd go from clubs to arenas with him so at this point I doubt he comes back. I have little interest without Baz and I'm sure the vast majority of people that were big fans during their heyday feel the same. 

Which is a shame, as they still kick ass live. Made the same mistake for many years, until I gave them a shot in 2013.

New song is lame--more pop-metal pseudo-punk with a Bach-clone (who can admittingly sing). If you include Ozone Monday, Skid Row have gone through five singers since Bach left--yet Bach is supposedly the difficult person to work with. The only post-Bach album that I really liked was Thickskin. I wish this band would get Bach back or call it a day. 

Just now, RichardNixon said:

New song is lame--more pop-metal pseudo-punk with a Bach-clone (who can admittingly sing). If you include Ozone Monday, Skid Row have gone through five singers since Bach left--yet Bach is supposedly the difficult person to work with. The only post-Bach album that I really liked was Thickskin. I wish this band would get Bach back or call it a day. 

maybe it's not that he's difficult to work with in general, he worked with many people with no issues it seems since leaving Skid Row. What if they can't stand him so it makes it not worth it for them? agreed about the new tune. Terrible lyrics and very dated. I'll still give the album a listen when it comes out. 

This is pathetic. What is it that happend with their previous singer now? They have been like a whore, just going through singers like it's nothing, they all eventually just realized SR without Sebastian is just a joke or what? Something is definitely off with this band/these guys when no one stays.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

This is pathetic. What happend with their previous singer now? They have been like a whore, just going through singers like it's nothing, they all eventually just realized SR without Sebastian is just a joke or what?

they didn't specify a reason for replacing their previous singer

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

they didn't specify a reason for replacing their previous singer

The fact they want to keep that under wraps and made no post that they amicably parted with him or why, just makes me believe even more they wronged him/kicked him out for the next best guy.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The fact they want to keep that under wraps and made no post that they amicably parted or with him or why, just makes me believe even more they wronged him/kicked him out for the next best guy.

definitely interested in knowing what exactly happened there, it seemed very sudden and he was a part of the band for 6 years iirc so when they're this close to the album's release and replace their singer again it feels odd.

Edited by Rovim

46 minutes ago, Rovim said:

definitely interested in knowing what exactly happened there, it seemed very sudden and he was a part of the band for 6 years iirc so when they're this close to the album's release and replace their singer again it feels odd.

Yep. They played the last show with him February 26th. It's all very strange.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

maybe it's not that he's difficult to work with in general, he worked with many people with no issues it seems since leaving Skid Row. What if they can't stand him so it makes it not worth it for them? agreed about the new tune. Terrible lyrics and very dated. I'll still give the album a listen when it comes out. 

Yeah. It's more his personality. And well, seeing some of his outbursts, I kinda understand that they don't want to be around that 24/7. He can be a bit annoying. Kinda like Steven Adler. Only good in small doses. ;)

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. His first one is great. The others not so much.

I vehemently disagree. "Kicking & Screaming" and "Give 'Em Hell" are fantastic metal records. The guitar tracks and production are very well done.  "Bring 'Em Bach Alive!" on the other hand...is barely a record. "Angel Down" just sounds outdated to me. 

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. His first one is great. The others not so much.

4 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

I vehemently disagree. "Kicking & Screaming" and "Give 'Em Hell" are fantastic metal records. The guitar tracks and production are very well done.  "Bring 'Em Bach Alive!" on the other hand...is barely a record. "Angel Down" just sounds outdated to me. 

to each his own and all that but to me Angel Down is a much better record and more inspired than Kicking & Screaming (what a silly title lol) and Give 'Em Hell.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

Just to clarify, I did mean "Angel Down", as "Bring em bach alive" is indeed barely an album.

Skid Row is a joke. The new song should've been released today as an April Fool's joke, because it is truly atrocious. Rock with no balls, from a band who goes through singers like it's a bodily function. To add insult to injury, they settle on a Bach clone to finally show that they can't do anything without vocals like his. Unfortunately, they also can't write songs that are worth a shit.

Terrible band. They had their day and Bach still has the chops and some good solo records under his belt. Skid Row should quit while they're behind.

• Like 1

This new song sounds like a Steel Panther song, but without the irony or sense of humour. 

Just sounds like cheese. 

It’s funny to see people on social media excitedly saying it sounds like something from Slave to the Grind, and that this is the best song they’ve done in 30 years. Because it doesn’t sound like either of those things. It sounds like shit :lol: