Skid Row- New singer

axl666

• 2 weeks later...

Erik Gronwall is a super talented singer and fits very well in Skid Row - he is pretty famous in Sweden (has won Idol and auditioned with Skid Rows 18 and life) He has then been a vocalist in H.E.A.T and sung in Jesus Christ Superstar with John Legend and Alice Cooper amongst others

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I didn't know who the singer was to Skid Rowe that was replaced.

I think this band should give up or make up with Bach.  He was the best singer for SR, but honestly does anyone really care anymore?

I  care and a lot and other skid Row fans as well. They put out good music after Bach as well. Bach is a douche bag and skid row love to be on stage and play !! The new singer Erik is 10 times better than Bach. Seen him live in Vegas with Skid Row. I like the new song. Its a nice rock song. Excited for the new album

On 3/26/2022 at 5:57 AM, Subtle Signs said:

Rachel and Snake are millionaires. They haven't wanted Bach back  in 25 years and I doubt they'd go from clubs to arenas with him so at this point I doubt he comes back. I have little interest without Baz and I'm sure the vast majority of people that were big fans during their heyday feel the same. 

I wouldn’t say it s the majority of Skid Row fans that lost interest when Baz was kicked out. Just the common public that knew only the big hits and the Baz fangirls and boys who pretend he still is the best singer on earth and say Skid Row should reunite for the paychecks! Thank god the band doesn’t put money in the first place!! The love making music and being onstage and they want all that without drama and Sebastian who thinks he is the boss. He isn’t and he never was.. Erik has a fantastic voice, just like Bach in his heyday so now the haters don’t have any complaints anymore 🤗 New album out in October!! 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:07 AM, metallex78 said:

This new song sounds like a Steel Panther song, but without the irony or sense of humour. 

Just sounds like cheese. 

It’s funny to see people on social media excitedly saying it sounds like something from Slave to the Grind, and that this is the best song they’ve done in 30 years. Because it doesn’t sound like either of those things. It sounds like shit :lol:

That s your opinion. What Skid Row fans think is that it could have easily been on the selftitled album not „Slave“ cause the song is too „poppy“ for Slave. The gang s all here is better than „Here I am“ for example which is on the first album. I hope for heavier stuff of course regarding the rest of the upcoming album. I am sure it will be a success!! Erik has a fantastic voice

On 5/30/2022 at 8:57 AM, Natty said:

That s your opinion. What Skid Row fans think is that it could have easily been on the selftitled album not „Slave“ cause the song is too „poppy“ for Slave. The gang s all here is better than „Here I am“ for example which is on the first album. I hope for heavier stuff of course regarding the rest of the upcoming album. I am sure it will be a success!! Erik has a fantastic voice

I literally saw posts by people saying that it sounds like it should be on Slave to the Grind. But now you’re telling me I didn’t? Um, ok… :blink::lol:

I will say though, I saw Erik singing the old stuff live, and I was very impressed by his voice. But I still don’t like the new single. 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, oldnews said:

so which singer is on the new album?

Their new singer since March: Erik Grönwall, swedish singer with killer pipes! 

he sounds like a young Sebastian and has so much stage charisma- amazing! 

He was frontman for swedish rock band H.E.A.T. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

bad joke, sorry man. idk, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the band didn't officially share who it is yet

Of cause they made it official 😋 

in mArch when they released their new single „the gang s all here“ and 2 days later began their vegas residency with the scorpions and their new singer Erik Grönwall! 

also various interviews with Eddie trunk and so on, it s all officially confirmed and I can only say as a die hard Skid Row fan „with Erik we got the best voice out there“ 

he is fantastic!!! Killer voice! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Natty said:

Of cause they made it official 😋 

in mArch when they released their new single „the gang s all here“ and 2 days later began their vegas residency with the scorpions and their new singer Erik Grönwall! 

also various interviews with Eddie trunk and so on, it s all officially confirmed and I can only say as a die hard Skid Row fan „with Erik we got the best voice out there“ 

he is fantastic!!! Killer voice! 

yeah I wasn't sure. Thanks. He's got a great set of pipes on him for sure, but not much of a personality imo. He's very good at replicating Bach's howl but I feel like Z.P had his own thing going on.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah I wasn't sure. Thanks. He's got a great set of pipes on him for sure, but not much of a personality imo. He's very good at replicating Bach's howl but I feel like Z.P had his own thing going on.

Hm, I liked ZP, but he clearly doesn’t have the voice Erik has. And ZP didn‘t make much moves or anything on stage in comparison to Erik who does his own thing. I ve seen ZP live numerous times, he is a kickass singer but Erik brings it to a whole different level…

He doesn’t imitate Bach onstage cause Bach never went into the audience to sing with them face to face.

or his boxing moves. Erik does boxing and so he does some boxing moves on stage. I ve seem him live in Vegas and can only recommend it to everyone who likes Skid Row. He is the best fit they can have. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Erik is a great singer and all, but I feel like this is superior to anything Skid Row can achieve on their own:

Personal taste … some prefer Sebastian ,others like me prefer Skid Row.

I don’t like his solo work much. I prefer any Skid Row album to a Sebastian solo allbum.

The 2 new skid row songs are good, I like them but they don’t reach the level older albums or Thickskin have. 

As far as I know Sebastian didn’t have success chartswise with his solo work, he also plays same size of venues so it s personal preference in the end..

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

Personal taste … some prefer Sebastian ,others like me prefer Skid Row.

I don’t like his solo work much. I prefer any Skid Row album to a Sebastian solo allbum.

The 2 new skid row songs are good, I like them but they don’t reach the level older albums or Thickskin have. 

As far as I know Sebastian didn’t have success chartswise with his solo work, he also plays same size of venues so it s personal preference in the end..

yeah, of course, I just found that commercial amusing heh

• 2 months later...

New Skid Row single - Time Bomb

I love it. It s my favorite new song from the 3 so far released singles. Very cool bass lines and Erik s voice is fantastic.

the album will be awesome. Mitch lafon said it s the best hard rock album he has heard in the last 15 years!! Go Skid Row ❤️🤘🏻

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:59 PM, Natty said:

New Skid Row single - Time Bomb

I love it. It s my favorite new song from the 3 so far released singles. Very cool bass lines and Erik s voice is fantastic.

the album will be awesome. Mitch lafon said it s the best hard rock album he has heard in the last 15 years!! Go Skid Row ❤️🤘🏻

Man, I’ve tried to so hard to like the new Skid Row, but these lyrics are absolutely terrible.

”tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick… BOOM” :lol:

The same can be said for the whole new album really. It’s pretty strong instrumentally, but the lyrics really let it down. 

Edited by metallex78