Skid Row- New singer

axl666

On 10/14/2022 at 1:03 PM, metallex78 said:

Man, I’ve tried to so hard to like the new Skid Row, but these lyrics are absolutely terrible.

”tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick… BOOM” :lol:

The same can be said for the whole new album really. It’s pretty strong instrumentally, but the lyrics really let it down. 

Yeah but let's face it, you don't listen to Skid Row for the lyrical content. You go to them for big dumb rock songs sang with gutso. I ain't expecting Neil fucking Young! :lol:So far I've only heard the singles, but already I'd say it's the best stuff they've done since STTG. 

18 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah but let's face it, you don't listen to Skid Row for the lyrical content. You go to them for big dumb rock songs sang with gutso. I ain't expecting Neil fucking Young! :lol:So far I've only heard the singles, but already I'd say it's the best stuff they've done since STTG. 

I’d agree with you if we’re talking about the first Skid Row album, but on Slave the the Grind and Subhuman Race, they have some great lyrical content. Wasted Time, Quicksand Jesus, In A Darkened Room, all have amazing lyrics. 

This new album sounds like Steel Panther without the sense of humour. Pure cheese. 

Just now, metallex78 said:

I’d agree with you if we’re talking about the first Skid Row album, but on Slave the the Grind and Subhuman Race, they have some great lyrical content. Wasted Time, Quicksand Jesus, In A Darkened Room, all have amazing lyrics. 

This new album sounds like Steel Panther without the sense of humour. Pure cheese. 

Yeah, it is pure cheese - I agree with that. I guess that doesn't bother me so much though, as I never took Skid Row that seriously as a band. I just enjoy it for what it is.

In terms of 80s sounding cock-rock, I'd take the new SR album over what SMKC or Motley Crue have offered in recent years. It's all a great big cheese-fest though.

• Like 1

It s not 

On 10/14/2022 at 2:03 PM, metallex78 said:

Man, I’ve tried to so hard to like the new Skid Row, but these lyrics are absolutely terrible.

”tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick… BOOM” :lol:

The same can be said for the whole new album really. It’s pretty strong instrumentally, but the lyrics really let it down. 

It s not rocket science - it s rock n roll - I love some of the songs and for me like most of the skid row fans this is a great album. Hell or high water, nowhere fast, resurrected and october s song are awesome. 

17 hours ago, Natty said:

It s not 

It s not rocket science - it s rock n roll - I love some of the songs and for me like most of the skid row fans this is a great album. Hell or high water, nowhere fast, resurrected and october s song are awesome. 

You’re right, it’s only rock n roll, but Skid Row had pretty decent lyrics at least when Sebastian was in the band. Their songwriting over the three albums he did with them developed so much, and this new album is a massive step backwards.

If you get enjoyment from that, good for you. But I like lyrics to have some substance and meaning, otherwise you might as well be listening to top 40 rubbish. 

On 10/20/2022 at 2:03 PM, metallex78 said:

You’re right, it’s only rock n roll, but Skid Row had pretty decent lyrics at least when Sebastian was in the band. Their songwriting over the three albums he did with them developed so much, and this new album is a massive step backwards.

If you get enjoyment from that, good for you. But I like lyrics to have some substance and meaning, otherwise you might as well be listening to top 40 rubbish. 

Well the songwriters are still the same: Snake Sabo and Rachel Bolan. Everything Skid Row ever wrote was those 2. the album has great reviews but of course it won’t please everyone. 
going to see them live tomorrow- can’t wait!! 

• 1 year later...

https://blabbermouth.net/news/erik-gronwall-why-i-decided-to-leave-skid-row

Erik has decided to leave Skid Row.

"Yes, I have decided to leave SKID ROW. The main reason being that it's proved difficult to prioritize my health and full recovery as the lead singer of the band. ⠀⠀⠀⠀

"In 2021 I was undergoing treatment against leukemia and that gave me a superpower called perspective. I decided to use that perspective and write down the values I wanted to live by for the rest of my life. On top of that list it says 'health first'. ⠀⠀

"I've had to look at that list a lot of times this last year, questioning if I'm really living according to my values. At the end of the day I realized the answer was no. ⠀⠀

"As a result of the treatments and transplant my immune system was impaired. You can think of my immune system as a 4 year old kid bringing home all kinds of viruses from preschool. It takes awhile to build up that resistance again but my immune system is getting stronger every day. However I'm still doing regular check ups (blood tests) at the hematology department in Sweden, which has proved challenging while keeping up with the SKID ROW schedule. I have way too much respect for my medical history to push myself to the limit.⠀

"I love SKID ROW, I have nothing but respect for the guys in the band but I love and respect my health more. I understand that SKID ROW is a touring band but like I told the guys: 'if I can't prioritize my health, then I'm not the right guy for the job'.⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Please note, I'm NOT sick and it's not that I don't want to tour. I love being on the road. And of course we have tried to find the right balance together but at the end of the day I realized that it was better for me to step aside. ⠀

"So now I'm going to focus on my full recovery, and come back stronger than ever. Meanwhile I'm finalizing my biography. And I'm going to start writing my own music again. ⠀⠀

"Lastly, once again thank you to everyone who accepted me as the singer of this iconic band. ⠀⠀

"Always remember that no job, no money, no fame is worth your health or well being. Health first always. I owe this decision to the guy in the second picture [ in the post below] and I'm proud to be able to say that I kept my promise to him. Health first!"

Edited by tboneman

Sucks to hear that he has health issues. Hope things are better for him going forward.

This band is cursed when it comes to lead singers, man… Lzzy Hale is awesome tho. Glad they got her.

Edited by rocknroll41

18 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sucks to hear that he has health issues. Hope things are better for him going forward.

This band is cursed when it comes to lead singers, man… Lzzy Hale is awesome tho. Glad they got her.

She's just filling in for a couple of shows, no?

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

this is the perfect time for Skid Row to not reunite with Sebastian Bach again

I expect to see a GNR/Skid Row/Halestorm tour in 2025 now. What will GNR look like is the question? 40th anniversary of the AfD lineup...