Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has died

rocknroll41

I was never a fan of the Foo Fighters. I don't think there's a single song of theirs that stuck with me, but this feels surreal. 

Taylor Hawkins was an amazing drummer, a great singer and he seemed like an awesome dude all around. The guy was full of energy and a joy to watch.

Have to say, the 2022 rock-supergroup up there looks like an amazing gig. Meat Loaf on vocals, Taylor Hawkins on drums. Tear it down, guys. Rock on.

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Then why did you say it? Geez.

Pretty scummy of you to try to start a scuffle on a thread like this just cause you and I don’t get along. Get some class, you fucking asshole.

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anyone else find it eerie he now died on the album release date of their "satanic" album Dream Widow for their 666 movie?

Yup. It’s also eerie how Grohl started out as a drummer who’s singer died and then became a singer who’s drummer died. Also Pat Smear has now been in three bands where someone died.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Poor dude. This sucks. Not a big Foo Fighters fan but Wasting Light was a very good album and I was them during that tour. They played a couple of covers during the set, if I’m not mistaken it was Detroit Rock City, Tom Sawyer and War Pigs. Remember thinking “They’re really doing a great job on Tom Sawyer”. Taylor was a very good musician, perhaps a level higher technically than most of the dudes in Foo Fighters. What a loss. Hope his family and friends find confort. And man… they were gonna play Lollapalooza this weekend in Sao Paulo, if I’m not mistaken. I can only imagine their fans… wow.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Tragic loss he was a great fucking drummer.  Too soon to name a replacement but there is a guy in the band who does play drums.  He was kinda famous in Nirvana.......

I suppose theoretically Grohl could try to do drums and lead vocals at the same time and leave the guitar duties entirely up to the other two guys, but my gut tells me that he probably doesn’t wanna do that.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Pretty scummy of you to try to start a scuffle on a thread like this just cause you and I don’t get along. Get some class, you fucking asshole.

Ooh, we don''t get along? Don't even know who you are. It's scrummy to baselessly speculate on the future of the band, when the guy isn't even cold yet.

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ooh, we don''t get along? Don't even know who you are. It's scrummy to baselessly speculate on the future of the band, when the guy isn't even cold yet.

What’s scummy is to try to shit-stir an argument on a thread about someone dying, which is obviously what you’re doing. And even tho I don’t know you personally I’ve been on this forum long enough to see that all you do is bitch every chance you get because you’re desperate for attention and obviously have nothing better to do. Speculating on the future of the band is completely normal. Everyone on Reddit is doing it as we speak, and I even prefaced my statement for the sake of curtesy.

Youre a pathetic troll. Always have been and always will be.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I suppose theoretically Grohl could try to do drums and lead vocals at the same time and leave the guitar duties entirely up to the other two guys, but my gut tells me that he probably doesn’t wanna do that.

How difficult would it be for a drummer to also perform lead vocals? I don't recall ever seeing this. Wouldn't be the optimal fan experience during concerts I wouldn't think.

I would hope they take the time they need. I don't expect to see the band in July anymore. Maybe go on a hiatus, do a TCV album, and then regroup with FF if it works for them.

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

How difficult would it be for a drummer to also perform lead vocals? I don't recall ever seeing this. Wouldn't be the optimal fan experience during concerts I wouldn't think.

I would hope they take the time they need. I don't expect to see the band in July anymore. Maybe go on a hiatus, do a TCV album, and then regroup with FF if it works for them.

The closest I can think is Don Henley, Peter Criss and Phil Collins, but only on occasion.

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, Coma16 said:

I mean there's the Eagles, Grand Funk Railroad, the various KISS drummers, Roger Taylor from Queen, and probably many other examples that I'm missing. All have/had drummers who either sing leads or do prominent backing vocals throughout the set. 

However, Dave's demanding vocals and Taylor's energetic drums combined for a three hour Foos set would almost certainly take a huge amount of commitment and energy. I really don't think Dave would go for it, but who knows. As you said, also not the optimal concert experience.

On the original topic - this is just brutal. Gone far too soon. It was impossible not to love his infectious energy, outstanding vocals, and incredible drumming. RIP Taylor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Guys, this is just wrong. Just stop, both of you. Come on.

Yes. Let's just drop the arguments. This is mostly a thread of condolence as a lot of people are shocked by the news. Shouldn't have to spend time moderating it. If a poster bothers you please go to your profile and block them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yes. Let's just drop the arguments. This is mostly a thread of condolence as a lot of people are shocked by the news. Shouldn't have to spend time moderating it. If a poster bothers you please go to your profile and block them.

For the record. I don't have a problem with any poster and also don't need no attention. But this is a discussion forum, I'm allowed to respond to posts. I wasn't starting the insults.

Kinda what I feared: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/taylor-hawkinss-cause-of-death-colombian-police-issue-statement/

Not confirmed though.

Edited by PatrickS77

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

You gotta hear this song called Hotel California 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I was never a fan of the Foo Fighters. I don't think there's a single song of theirs that stuck with me, but this feels surreal. 

Taylor Hawkins was an amazing drummer, a great singer and he seemed like an awesome dude all around. The guy was full of energy and a joy to watch.

Have to say, the 2022 rock-supergroup up there looks like an amazing gig. Meat Loaf on vocals, Taylor Hawkins on drums. Tear it down, guys. Rock on.

I felt the same way, but bought their lastest cd and it really rocks.

yeah, Taylor was an amazing drummer. My brother is a drummer too and reminded me of Taylor. Still feel so down about his death.

I read it might have been a heart attack and that's shocking, but I guess we just never know when it's out time. I still as why when someone like Putin is still alive and well and creating havoc in the world. Doesn't make sense to me at all.