Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has died

rocknroll41

5 hours ago, Coma16 said:

How difficult would it be for a drummer to also perform lead vocals? I don't recall ever seeing this. Wouldn't be the optimal fan experience during concerts I wouldn't think.

I would hope they take the time they need. I don't expect to see the band in July anymore. Maybe go on a hiatus, do a TCV album, and then regroup with FF if it works for them.

There's a few guys who can do it, Anderson .Paak is a great example, but like James Bond said it probably wouldn't work for the Foo Fighters.

They recently announced a show here for early October, I assume it will be cancelled. Dave will probably do some guest spots to keep himself busy but FF will probably go on hiatus for a while. I'm not a FF fan but Taylor was undeniably a great drummer. Very sad and surprising news.

50. No age at all. Terribly sad and I wasn’t aware of his history of substance abuse, but always looked energetic and an integral part of a band that has had huge influence over the last 20 years. 

I got a massive kick out of his performance of Under Pressure with the guy in a Freddie outfit that was pulled from the crowd. 

RIP

• Like 1

His children. #1.His kids.

I was sorrowful, but now  fukni pizzed off at him. 
I was hoping it was Covid.Heart attack. Something unpreventable.

No. It was drugs.

DRUGS, AS EVERYONE KNOWS  IN THEIR WORLD , drugs do not work. They never worked. 2022 is a long way from the 1980s. Soooo, tooooo many very talented people of these people from 1980s , 1990s died dancing with the devil.  
These guys know that. Fukc the band, the business side of it staff to make a show and tour go. As we GnR fans know, NITLtour entails big business companies, massive staff .

Fukc the fans. We none know these people personally 

His kids. Poor kids. Then, #2, I feel very sorry for his wife. To pick ip the pieces for herself, their children….I feel very sorrowful for them.

FF made good music. Taylor was good, energetic. 

I feel sorry  for  FF, their staff, their fans.

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's a few guys who can do it,

You guys forgot about Taylor himself. He was the leadsinger and drummer in his band the Coattail Riders and would do both at the same time during shows. 

He was a good singer, also wrote and sang two FF songs,

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

I was watching a Cubs game one morning and the broadcasters passively mentioned there were a select few tickets just released for Foo Fighters the next night at Wrigley Field. I checked online and saw GA PIT was available, so grabbed a couple on a whim. My girlfriend and I went, and I was absolutely floored how amazing this band rocked live. I have never been a Foo Fighters fan and don't listen to them beyond a song or two I really like. But that FF performance that night in Chicago is one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I always said I'd definitely go see 'em again down the road.

Hearing "Everlong" live while standing in the outfield grass overlooking the bleachers. Man, that was epic. Taylor came with so much goddamn energy. The whole band did, really. Perfect summer night.

RIP Taylor Hawkins. You seem to have been genuinely loved by all whose lives you touched.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 3

Saying Taylor was on anti depressants and pain pills. poor guy.

I am also on anti depressants to keep me even. I think in this time most people are on something or have been depressed at one time or another. As for the pain pills, my brother is a drummer and also a yoga instructor, so it helps him and also he gets massages often to help with his back and neck and arms. it's wear and tear on your body.

I just feel so bad about Taylor's death no matter the cause. gone too soon and his wife and 3 kids must be devastated.  It just sucks big time. Such a great loss to so many.

• 2 months later...