Use Your Illusion II Survivor - Round 4

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE UYI II song to be evicted   

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The story takes it turn and eliminates an (okay) song

So Fine....is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - My World
Round 2 - Shotgun Blues
Round 3 - So Fine
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Alright, I am happy with the three first songs that were voted out. Here we are in agreement, mygnrforum.

Now it stands between Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Get In The Ring and Breakdown for me. Yesterdays is an okay tune but I strongly dislike Axl's decision to sing it with all that distortion, Get In The Ring is catchy but a bit banal, and Breakdown could strongly need some TLC. People hate Axl for all kinds of reasons, his lateness, his incapability to refuse music, his silence, fashion sense, being so difficult, etc, I hate him for adding a choir and a silly telephone conversation to Knockin' On Heaven's Door. That song was great in the stripped down- bluesy way they did it live in the beginning. ON UYI2 it annoys me. That upstroke beat that would later inspire them to add some reggae in the 90s, the choir to emulate crowd interaction, blarg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is already like picking which of your kids your are going to get rid of, very tough! Went with Get In The Ring in the end, it's not a bad song, but it is quite silly and the end rant has always been something that reminds me of a petulant little kid having a bit of a cry about things.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

I possess a rather pleasant thought! Squishing your noggin inside a contraption! PAIN!

What is it old chap? Are you cross because your father attains more vaginas than you do?

Was trying to add a little sophistication to the lyrics but alas it is futile, so Get in the Ring is K.O.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homefuck said:

The first times I heard the studio version of KOHD I thought it sounded magical. Love the solos still, but I get where a lot of people are coming from, disliking it.

The Production is ace soundwise. I love the solos, too, and I love the verses. Axl's voice is great in both, in the verses as well as in the chorus but the chor is too much and all the other shit is completely unnecessary.