Will Smith punches Chris Rock at Oscars

7 minutes ago, Spuffy78 said:

I thought Will smacked him because they were planning on discussing that on table talk? Like when Jada admitted to borderline statutory rape...

I'm clearly missing some background here. I don't follow either of them at all. What's table talk?

24 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm clearly missing some background here. I don't follow either of them at all. What's table talk?

Long of the short Jada, admitted to sleeping with one of Jaden's friends on a talk she hosts to Will. She also called it an entanglement. 

• Wow 1

Chris Rock should file a police report. Regardless how insensitive you perceive his joke; Chris Rock didn't commit a crime last night. Will Smith did. Based on his behaviour I believe Will Smith feels entitled to use violence without facing consequences whenever he sees fit. What a sense of entitlement. Really disturbing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Spuffy78 said:

Long of the short Jada, admitted to sleeping with one of Jaden's friends on a talk she hosts to Will. She also called it an entanglement. 

Jaden is the son? and she slept with one of his mates? 

What is the wife's medical issue?

My takeaway from this is that the whole thing encapsulates the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude I see from all sides, all over the world right now. 

Dude gets up and gives a tearful speech about how we all need to love, understand and treat each other better. 

Then, moments later, uses violence in front of a world wide audience because something upset him. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My takeaway from this is that the whole thing encapsulates the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude I see from all sides, all over the world right now. 

Dude gets up and gives a tearful speech about how we all need to love, understand and treat each other better. 

Then, moments later, uses violence in front of a world wide audience because something upset him. 

He gave that speech after he hit Rock. Which is even more pathetic

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Losing hair (no joke)

Kids in Ukraine are probably praying for some stupid billionaire cause she's losing her fucking her.  Actors are just the worst species in the world

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I've mostly stopped watching movies awhile ago.  Checked out The Batman yesterday but I really don't plan on wasting any more of my time on the medium and those who make them.

Last night was confirmation that the entire film industry is a waste of time.

The biggest problem wasn't Smith's assault on Rock, which was bad enough all things considered.

The biggest problem was the standing ovation Smith received fifteen minutes later. 

How Smith was still in the building is beyond me.  

But there they all were, Mel Gibson included, applauding someone who just openly assaulted someone for a rather lame joke just fifteen minutes earlier. 

If there was a moment that crystallized how pathetic the industry has become, that was it.  

Exactly.

Maybe this is a UK centric view but how is Rock not protected under some sort of workplace Health and Safety? He was assaulted whilst doing his job. Surely at the very least the Academy is duty bound to immediately remove the threat?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Industry insiders told The Washington Post that the academy is considering revoking his Oscar now.

In related news, Diddy claims that Smith and Rock made peace after the show.

They wouldn't need to if they'd removed him and not given it in the first place.

Will be interesting to see if they actually follow through. It really shouldn't need much consideration.

If there's no consequences who the fuck is going to want to host in the future?

• Like 1

Rock's joke was really dumb and un-funny. A bald woman? Joking about something so ordinary wasn't funny in the 90's when G.I. Jane was released, let alone in 2022.

But a poor joke is no excuse to hit anyone. In the worst case scenario, Rock could've fallen down and hit his head. There are people who have died that way or have gotten serious brain injuries. You can never know what happens when you hit a person. I wouldn't take that kind of a risk. Ruining someone else's (and/or mine's) life like that.

I mean, I do understand why Smith was pissed off, but if you can't control yourself and you start hitting people like that, then there is something wrong with you and you need help. 

Missed it live, but saw it on yahoo.com the unedited version.

I understand how Will could be upset, but unfortunately comedians go too far sometimes.

He did apologize to Chris and Jada just seemed to blow it off, but she tweeted something like this is how we do it. Honestly, who the hell cares?

I don't think Will should lose his Oscar and Chris isn't filing any charges.

I hope something stupid happens at the Grammy awards show, so we can move on from this.

• Haha 1