• 14 Years
    • Yesterdays
    • Breakdown
    • Pretty Tied Up
    • Locomotive
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2022 at 06:00 AM

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Breakdown, one of the best songs, and lunatics voting it out already... :facepalm:

It is pretty great; just missing a more fleshed out chorus.   Love the piano groove Axl has going on through the song.

But I still don't know how someone opts to listen to 14 years over Breakdown.  Not a huge fan of the "let's let Izzy sing lead" songs.

• Like 1

Also, to those voting on Yesterdays because you think it's a ballad, the song is played at 90 bpm. 

This would be one of the fastest ballads ever recorded if you want to consider it a ballad (and have a problem with ballads in general).

Personally, I've always viewed it as a mid-tempo blues-rock song.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, downzy said:

It is pretty great; just missing a more fleshed out chorus.   Love the piano groove Axl has going on through the song.

But I still don't know how someone opts to listen to 14 years over Breakdown.  Not a huge fan of the "let's let Izzy sing lead" songs.

Because Dust n Bones as well as 14 Years are awesome, simple and bluesy rock tunes without any bullshit that destroyed Breakdown, KOHD and a lot more great peaces of music on those records. That's why imo. Not because Izzy's on lead vocals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Because Dust n Bones as well as 14 Years are awesome, simple and bluesy rock tunes without any bullshit that destroyed Breakdown, KOHD and a lot more great peaces of music on those records. That's why imo. Not because Izzy's on lead vocals.

I'm here to hear Axl sing, not Izzy, regardless of the strength of the song or how it's produced.  But that's just me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm here to hear Axl sing, not Izzy, regardless of the strength of the song or how it's produced.  But that's just me.

With 30 songs, we can give a couple to Izzy. ;) He sang it well. On Double Talkin Jive it took me decades to notice that Izzy is singing it. And yes, the songs he's singing are cool ones and fit him well.

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

With 30 songs, we can give a couple to Izzy. ;) He sang it well. On Double Talkin Jive it took me decades to notice that Izzy is singing it. And yes, the songs he's singing are cool ones and fit him well.

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's not like you can't hear Axl on those songs. I think his parts are pretty cool :lol:

I've just never been a big fan of Izzy's vocals.  I'd rather hear Axl sing a mediocre song than Izzy here a better song.  

• ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I've just never been a big fan of Izzy's vocals.  I'd rather hear Axl sing a mediocre song than Izzy here a better song.  

Fair enough. I rather listen to something I like, regardless of who sings on it but everyone's different. 

Edited by Free Bird

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Fair enough. I rather listen to something I like, regardless of who sings on it but everyone's different. 

For me, who is on lead vocals is major factor on how much I like the song. 

I'm sure I'd love a lot of Rush songs if Geddy Lee wasn't the band's singer.  

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 10:10 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

There really is not much choice left you kinda lose with everything you vote. The album that is left right now is one would rival AFD in my opinion. Absolutely no filler

It is solid what's left, but I'd get rid of 14 Years or Pretty Tied Up long before Breakdown. Actually, I'd probably ditch You Could Be Mine first too.