6 years later and GNR has not yet released a recording of the Troubadour show !?

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

It's crazy that after 6 years we don't have a recording of the first GNR show with the big three after 23 years! 
Yesterday they released a video of DTJ from 2021 tour for Nightrain members... Wouldn’t it be better to throw out some footage from the 2016 Troubadour show instead of a DTJ video that’s almost the same as the one from Salt Lake City that’s already on Youtube ? :crazy:

Well, fucking bragging rights for hanger ons and insiders is more important than doing something for the fans, who buy their ridiculously priced concert tickets that gave them one of the biggest tours ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

It's crazy that after 6 years we don't have a recording of the first GNR show with the big three after 23 years! 
Yesterday they released a video of DTJ from 2021 tour for Nightrain members... Wouldn’t it be better to throw out some footage from the 2016 Troubadour show instead of a DTJ video that’s almost the same as the one from Salt Lake City that’s already on Youtube ? :crazy:

@We love Axl Rose Axl Rose doesn’t love you. GnRs management, merchandise, release of material old and new are the worst of any band I like. EVRY single other band I like have a better record than GNR in this respect. And Axl it seems is the only one you can blame. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

@We love Axl Rose Axl Rose doesn’t love you. GnRs management, merchandise, release of material old and new are the worst of any band I like. EVRY single other band I like have a better record than GNR in this respect. And Axl it seems is the only one you can blame. 

Is there a band that's comparable when it comes to not releasing live or archive stuff? As an artist Prince is comparable as there's a lot of great live footage, music videos, and unreleased tracks that he wouldn't release.

He also completely rejected YouTube and it wasn't until after his death that we saw Prince content on there from his estate. Guns N' Roses takedowns of stuff look like child's play compared to how agressively Prince content would be taken down.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Tool has gotta be up there

Interesting answer. I'm not a big Tool fan so I didn't know that about them. In thinking about this, The Eagles have been pretty protective of their content also. Garth Brooks as an artist has also steered clear of YouTube.

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

I wish he’d steered clear of music. 

For as popular as he is I can't name a single song of his. He's massively popular but it feels like he never became mainstream. Also what was up with Axl at the Troubadour show where he was so bad? Wasn't this also the show he messed up his leg?

1 hour ago, mystery said:

For as popular as he is I can't name a single song of his. He's massively popular but it feels like he never became mainstream. Also what was up with Axl at the Troubadour show where he was so bad? Wasn't this also the show he messed up his leg?

Garth Brooks was unavoidable at one point in the 90s... So were the people who liked that muck. 

I dont recall from the reports at the time or the brief clips that did circulate  Axl sounding bad. He broke a bone in his foot or leg or something. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Might have something to do with this:

“4C4 Media, who filmed Guns N’ Roses’ first reunion show at the Troubadour in April 2016, is not happy with Guns N’ Roses. They said the band wouldn’t hire them to film at Dodger Stadium, and when the cheaper production people they hired screwed up, GNR wanted their help.

They wrote on Vimeo, “thank you…and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn’t even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a “FlyPac” to record the show. A FlyPac” is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots…3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/production-company-pissed-guns-n-roses-fck-them/

GNR will own the video, having paid for it, and I'm sure contractually they are outright owners of the footage. I can't see not hiring the same people for another gig being the reason. It's more likely that GNR just don't want to release it yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's hard to comprehend the amount of amazing new material that's been released in the time since, too!

yeah it's a shame Gn'R didn't just go for it, writing all new material and just seeing where it would take them artistically cause my guess is the current lineup can write a good album that I would like but Axl doesn't seem interested in doing that.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, History2010 said:

As others have said, Axl's performance at the show was very poor. They probably took one look at it and decided it was best left in the vault. It was a historic show but it wouldn't be enjoyable to watch or listen to more than once.

And have any of those "others" been there? Haven't heard from people that have been there that his performance was bad. His performance in Las Vegas wasn't bad either, so I don't really buy that. And even if it was bad, what is one more bad pro shot performance? Drown him out in the mix and be done with it. That's no excuse, really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And have any of those "others" been there? Haven't heard from people that have been there that his performance was bad. His performance in Las Vegas wasn't bad either, so I don't really buy that. And even if it was bad, what is one more bad pro shot performance? Drown him out in the mix and be done with it. That's no excuse, really.

bad or not, would still be cool to have a pro shot of this show released, but some things you just don't do and one of them is drowning out Axl's voice in the mix of a Gn'R show imo. It is one of the main attractions of the experience for most fans I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's hard to comprehend the amount of amazing new material that's been released in the time since, too!

At this point, I think we would have had CD2 by now if the partial reunion never occurred. Or, just as likely, GN'R would have dissolved.

If the latter would have occurred, or does occur, what would become of all the unreleased music recorded under the GN'R name? (CD2, CD remix album, CD3 and discarded tracks, etc.?) I would assume the label would release it if they could at that point, and market it: "The last GN'R album" or whatever.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

bad or not, would still be cool to have a pro shot of this show released, but some things you just don't do and one of them is drowning out Axl's voice in the mix of a Gn'R show imo. It is one of the main attractions of the experience for most fans I think.

Not if, as some claim, he indeed was bad and that it's the reason why they don't want to release it. Then that could be remedied by having him lower in the mix. But whetever, these assholes have no intention to release it, as was made clear by Fernando.