Music Machine 1986- apreciation

Last night i was watching this concert and OMG everything was so epic, the early 80s axl voice and his attitude so nasty, the slash solos so mean, the nightrain intro with the drums and the riff, i was so shcoked.

the appetite was still a sketch and so fresh, all the songs were played with a lot of impro, axl in the end of brownstone does a rasp dirty scream like the end of RQ and sweet child sounds so raw 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, darkside259 said:

Last night i was watching this concert and OMG everything was so epic, the early 80s axl voice and his attitude so nasty, the slash solos so mean, the nightrain intro with the drums and the riff, i was so shcoked.

the appetite was still a sketch and so fresh, all the songs were played with a lot of impro, axl in the end of brownstone does a rasp dirty scream like the end of RQ and sweet child sounds so raw 

awesome show. I like your review. 80's Gn'R is my favorite era (I like all eras for different reasons) before they perfected it like you've described.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, darkside259 said:

anyone knows if in another show they did that nightrain intro? or wich was the last tour/show they did it?

If they did it was only in 86 tho I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There are some demos where its refered to as alt intro.

It's a great show. If I recall Rocket Queen has slightly different lyrics

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ssiscool said:

If they did it was only in 86 tho I can't think of any more off the top of my head. There are some demos where its refered to as alt intro.

It's a great show. If I recall Rocket Queen has slightly different lyrics

yes!! i really love this show is so raw, the nigtrain intro is epic 

23 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Yes, it's amazing how much better rock is when it's coming out of twenty-somethings lol.

Idk man look at velvet revolver or axl/dc or even guns in 2006,2010,  2016,

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

Idk man look at velvet revolver or axl/dc or even guns in 2006,2010,  2016,

but when do you feel Gn'R peaked? when were they the most creative and active and when did the music flow out of them more naturally? purely subjective of course, but for me it was late '80's/early '90's. 

maybe some genres like rock are more kind to younger musicians or more suitable in a way to the spirit most people have more of when they're younger. All those great 2006/2010/2016 moments seemed to be more of flashes of how brilliant they were in the past and not really exceeding the energy, quality, and excitment of what Gn'R was like when they were hungry, fearless, and less calculated at least in certain musical areas in most cases imho.

having said that, all eras of Gn'R have something to offer I think and now it's kinda nice to have very distinct and multiple incarnations of the band/VR/and bonus "Axl is in the mood" performances. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but when do you feel Gn'R peaked? when were they the most creative and active and when did the music flow out of them more naturally? purely objective of course, but for me it was late '80's/early '90's. 

maybe some genres like rock are more kind to younger musicians or more suitable in a way to the spirit most people have more of when they're younger. All those great 2006/2010/2016 moments seemed to be more of flashes of how brilliant they were in the past and not really exceeding the energy, quality, and excitment of what Gn'R was like when they were hungry, fearless, and less calculated at least in certain musical areas in most cases imho.

having said that, all eras of Gn'R have something to offer I think and now it's kinda nice to have very distinct and multiple incarnations of the band/VR/and bonus "Axl is in the mood" performances. 

yeah for me is the early 90s to and my favorite is the 2010 axl with that legendary aura and attitude