'last chance to see them live'

I hate the ticket prices. But I get that artists have to increase touring revenue to compensate for lost album revenues now that music is streamed rather than bought. I find it absurd that a one-time concert experience costs much more than listening to an album for eternity. Paying out of the nose for a nice evening out, a fleeting thing, while getting studio recordings that can entertain me for years, almost for free. It makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I hate the ticket prices. But I get that artists have to increase touring revenue to compensate for lost album revenues now that music is streamed rather than bought. I find it absurd that a one-time concert experience costs much more than listening to an album for eternity. Paying out of the nose for a nice evening out, a fleeting thing, while getting studio recordings that can entertain me for years, almost for free. It makes no sense to me.

I think that is a load of bollocks. I mean, that they "have" to ask those prices. I get a slight increase due to lack of album sales, yes. But charging 200 - 300 $ per ticket (or more in some more extreme cases like Rolling Stones, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith and so on) is just ridiculous. No one says that musicians have to become millionaires (which makes it even more mindboggling that usually it's the millionaires near retirement age, who ask these outragous prices... what are they gonna do with it?). There are still lots of bands who manage to have the majority of tickets for 50 to 100 $, which seems reasonable, considering it's the main income and the fact that it's more demanding, than just to record an album.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 1:45 AM, DurhamGirl said:

I noticed on an advert selling tickets for a Lima gig it said 'last chance to see them live', meaning this is their last tour?  Any ideas?

That probably could mean "Buy your Tickets before the Show is Sold out" 

To be honest would it matter if it was? The best GnR show any of us have ever been to has already happened. The show is only going to get worse the older they get. Doesn't mean they can't still put on a good show and we can't still have a good time, but considering it's the same show but with a slightly older axl and a slightly more disinterested band, there's no need to spoil previous great memories. Axl in 2006 and 2010 was an absolute monster. cherish those days!

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

To be honest would it matter if it was? The best GnR show any of us have ever been to has already happened. The show is only going to get worse the older they get. Doesn't mean they can't still put on a good show and we can't still have a good time, but considering it's the same show but with a slightly older axl and a slightly more disinterested band, there's no need to spoil previous great memories. Axl in 2006 and 2010 was an absolute monster. cherish those days!

I can cherish those days and still enjoy current Gn'R cause they put on a cool rock n' roll show. Of course it would matter not having the option to see my favorite band.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I can cherish those days and still enjoy current Gn'R cause they put on a cool rock n' roll show. Of course it would matter not having the option to see my favorite band.

Ive seen them 10x, slash 5x. Seen adler, seen duff. i think im burnt out. 

7 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Don't remember sayin it was you. Nope just checked, definitely didnt say 'Rovim should never see them again'

your post insinuated there is no value in attending a show of the current version of Gn'R anymore just cause it's not as good as it once was or that is how I've interpreted it at least

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Fair enough. I understand. They're my fav band too, (bar The Clash) it's definitely a watered down show compared to previously, but it is still a good show if you are there live and still happy to accept it is what it is. I'd go see them again, but only if there is at least 4/5 new songs, and maybe 1/2 deep cuts from any era of the band added. That's not much to ask when its been the same show for 6 years (but in reality it's been the same show since 2010)