Jump to content

"The Spaghetti Incident?" Survivor - Round 1


Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE TSI song to be evicted   

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.


Round 1 - ???
Round 2 - ???
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

The first round is easy! Buick Makane/Big Dumb Sex is my least favorite GNR song of all times. It's even worse than My World. At least My World is experimental.

Buick Makane/Big Dumb Sex is just boring and it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Hope that I don't have vote many rounds for it.

It's high on my least favorite list as well but first we need to stop Duff's drunken rambling about Johneeey!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the tracklist for the first time in years Im surprised by how strong it is for such an underappreciated album. Round 1 for me is Buick for very much the same reasons as @Lies They Tell, it just doesn't stack up compared to everything else on the album.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted for "I Don't Care About You" - not that I dislike it, but I think that is one of the few here where the original to me just has such attitude (pun intended) that the GNR version, unlike the rest of the tracks here, seems forced to me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory. I dislike even the title. 

Voted for YCPYAAM too, but I quite like the title. It is transcendent in a way because it mixes up the materialistic and idealistic world.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lilacmess said:

Voted for YCPYAAM too, but I quite like the title. It is transcendent in a way because it mixes up the materialistic and idealistic world.

The original is good but yeah I voted for it too.

How I rank TSI:

1st Ain't it Fun

2nd Down on the Farm

3rd Since I Don't Have You

And then the rest I don't really care about at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, willl said:

Looking at the tracklist for the first time in years Im surprised by how strong it is for such an underappreciated album. Round 1 for me is Buick for very much the same reasons as @Lies They Tell, it just doesn't stack up compared to everything else on the album.

There a lot of “B+” tracks on TSI? (IMHO), and the production level is fantastic. Start stacking those tracks back-to-back-to-back, and it’s a very consistent effort. I think this is going to a challenging exercise one we get past the first one or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I wonder how many rounds I have to vote for Since I Don't Have You til it's gone. I assume you fuckers gonna carry it to the final rounds :smiley-confused2:

It should go pretty early. Like third or fourth round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The original is good but yeah I voted for it too.

How I rank TSI:

1st Ain't it Fun

2nd Down on the Farm

3rd Since I Don't Have You

And then the rest I don't really care about at all.

Those are the 3 belters, and then a few others are nice enough. But around half the album is nowhere near GNR album quality for me.

They should have released the best 4-6 songs as an EP, that would have gone down a lot better I think.

The decision to release it as a proper album made them look like they had completely run out of ideas, which I guess they had? lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Those are the 3 belters, and then a few others are nice enough. But around half the album is nowhere near GNR album quality for me.

They should have released the best 4-6 songs as an EP, that would have gone down a lot better I think.

The decision to release it as a proper album made them look like they had completely run out of ideas, which I guess they had? lol

Pretty much. Buick buick buick buick buick buick buick buick buick mackane blah blah - makes me wanna blow my frickin brains out. It's crystalized tedium.

My understanding is there was material but things just didn't come together and all they could muster before falling apart was scraping out TSI.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...