Happy B’day to Jeffrey Dean Isbell AKA- Izzy

Throwback article for his Bday-  Why Izzy Stradlin was the heart of Guns N' Roses-  https://www.loudersound.com/features/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

Never knew this (shitty if true)- When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at a L.A. Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin’ re-union there in that moment and then say “thank you, good fuckin’ night.” After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home to Ojai. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin’ time.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Original said:

Too bad he didn’t do much after GnR.  JuJu Hounds and a few other projects…but kinda like Axl - he seemingly had so much more in him.   Oh well- thankful for what we did get.  Happy Birthday Izzy!!!! 🎸

“Too bad he didn’t do much after GNR” Bruh, he has 11 solo albums… 

Happy Birthday Izzy ! 

I only started about a year ago to listen to some of Izzy's solo work and now I listen every day. They guy is brilliant and wish he would release more and for me a huge part of the real GNR. 

If you haven't listened to Izzy's solo work do yourself a favour.

Would love to sit and have a conversation with him out of all the guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Original said:

Throwback article for his Bday-  Why Izzy Stradlin was the heart of Guns N' Roses-  https://www.loudersound.com/features/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

Never knew this (shitty if true)- When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at a L.A. Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin’ re-union there in that moment and then say “thank you, good fuckin’ night.” After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home to Ojai. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin’ time.

That's not an article. it's Alan Niven's recollections, aka "BS Central"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

“Too bad he didn’t do much after GNR” Bruh, he has 11 solo albums… 

Ok yeah got it Chief.  Nothing that noteworthy though after the Hounds.  

1 hour ago, MCollins said:

That's not an article. it's Alan Niven's recollections, aka "BS Central"

Ok I’ll rephrase- fun piece to look back on.  

1 hour ago, Original said:

Ok yeah got it Chief.  Nothing that noteworthy though after the Hounds.  

Ok I’ll rephrase- fun piece to look back on.  

All of his solo albums are worth listening to. Pretty much all of them have been released completely independently without any official promotion. They are hidden gems just like Izzy intended. 

Fun fact: Izzy once came on Slashs leg. That's all I'll say about that story so you people can wonder

On a more serious note: I think Izzy beat Slash in coolness. Slashs coolness seems kind of calculated and poser like, while Izzy was ALWAYS effortlessly cool

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, martinb33 said:

Bring the bastard back, at least for a few shows.

He doesn't want to come back unless he gets paid close to the same as Axl, Slash n Duff. Which will never happen cos when Izzy left he took a one off payment instead of remaining a business partner like Slash n Duff did. I can't imagine Izzy sticking around long term or wanting to play CD songs either. 

If they wanted a third guitarist and someone from the classic era Gilby would be the obvious option. He's dependable, ego free and still plays great.

• Haha 1