Happy B’day to Jeffrey Dean Isbell AKA- Izzy

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Do we actually know how much Izzy wanted or how much the band was willing to give him? All I know is that couldn't come to an agreement. 

I don't think an amount was disclosed (how much Izzy asked for or what the band offered him)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't think an amount was disclosed (how much Izzy asked for or what the band offered him)

Reading between the lines, or maybe the words exactly, he wanted the same as axl, slash, and duff. 

Edited by Asdiz
Autocorrect

1 hour ago, Asdiz said:

Reading between the lines, or maybe the words exactly, he wanted the same as axl, slash, and duff. 

Maybe, but if that is the case, and if I was Axl, or Slash, I would have felt it absurd that Izzy, who quit the band already back in 1991, would get as much as me. The value of such a reunion is to a large extent the result of the fantastic branding achieved by the band during the UYI touring, also after Izzy quit, and to an extent Axl's efforts after that tour which, whether intentional or not and often achieved almost paradoxically, has kept public interest in the band alive and strong. 

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Do we actually know how much Izzy wanted or how much the band was willing to give him? All I know is that couldn't come to an agreement. 

No. But Izzy said they didn't want to split the loot evenly. Why would they? Izzy opted out of the business partnership and took a one off payment. So no disrespect to Izzy but he's never going to get close to the same as the big three.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 3:04 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

No. But Izzy said they didn't want to split the loot evenly. Why would they? Izzy opted out of the business partnership and took a one off payment. So no disrespect to Izzy but he's never going to get close to the same as the big three.

And he still would have made tons and tons of money compared to...no money at all.

It can't be the money alone, they probably talked down to him with little respect, like he was just another Fartus or Thunderfucker. Just a guess, of course.

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

And he still would have made tons and tons of money compared to...no money at all.

It can't be the money alone, they probably talked down to him with little respect, like he was just another Fartus or Thunderfucker. Just a guess, of course.

I can't imagine Izzy would want to return full time or be interested in playing CD songs. And with Slash and Richard you really don't need a third guitarist.

It's bizarre tho that Axl and Slash have made up, even Steven's made guest appearances, but now Izzy's thrown his toys out the sandpit.