Do you think Axl will release a new GNR album?

Do you think Axl will release a new GNR album?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Axl has no strong reason to release another GNR album

- His voice is deteriorating with his age at 60.
- The reception of Chinese Democracy was not as he expected.
- There is no Izzy at the recording studio
- Last time he recorded any hits & timeless songs were 30+ years ago
- Statistically a new album will be way less popular and successful compared to AFD,UYI, UYII
- Absurd (experimental) & Hardskool (classic rock sound) did not climb at top of the singles charts.
- Guns N Roses at their 60s are not relevant towards the new generations. (They are no rebels & dangerous, but settled millionaires)
- Still earns millions just by touring as a nostalgia act. Paying customers will always just go to listen to WTTJ. SCOM, NR, DC, PC
- Lost the momentum of the GNR reunion, as 6-7 years have passed already.

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Like 2

GNR will release an album eventually but the hype and momentum is long gone and no one gives a fuck except 0.01% die hard fans.

Just like how CD came out so late that by the time of its release people had already forgotten about it and moved on with their lives.

"Time went by and it became a joke"

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

- Guns N Roses at their 60s are not relevant towards the new generations. (They are no rebels & dangerous, but settled millionaires)

Wrong assumption.

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tool, Korn, Foo Fighters, Rammstein and many more are still active, releasing FULL albums and relevant.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Wrong assumption.

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tool, Korn, Foo Fighters, Rammstein and many more are still active, releasing FULL albums and relevant.

GNR albums with Slash & Duff lyrically revolved around drugs, sex, alcohol, smoking, fistfights, crime etc in an autobiographic descriptive way.
Also their whole visual style were based on those too and connected all the 3 individuals & millions of other youngsters in 80s & 90s.
Chinese Democracy lyrically was mostly about the GNR Breakup (which is no relevant today) & Past Axl relationships with Stephanie etc decades ago.

All the above have been expressed before and they are no longer relevant to their existing lifestyles at their 60s in 2022 afaik.

Edited by GNROSAS

In keeping up with the times, and for the sake of relevance, perhaps the next GN'R album, or the album following the next album (since the next one is going to be CD2 touched up) will be about vaccinations and boosters, transgenders and sports, plant-based diets and alternative fuels. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

In keeping up with the times, and for the sake of relevance, perhaps the next GN'R album, or the album following the next album (since the next one is going to be CD2 touched up) will be about vaccinations and boosters, transgenders and sports, plant-based diets and alternative fuels. 

and of course #metoo & political correctness!;)
At least all the above are more relevant & real for Axl, Slash & Duff lives in 2022 as parents & citizens, while connecting with their younger listeners

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Haha 1

I don't think he needs to release a new album, but I think he will do that anyway. I'll respond to your points with my opinions, just for fun.

A certain person will disagree with me on this one, but I think there's a good reason to believe that Axl has recorded lots of vocals when his voice was stronger. Those vocals will be used on the next album. That being said Axl could still record great songs even today. Especially his lower voice is still amazing.

Do you actually know what kind of a reception Axl expected or are you just guessing? As far as I know Axl has never stated that the reception of the album wasn't what he expected.

- There is no Izzy on the recording studio

Yes, Izzy doesn't seem to be involved, but that doesn't stop them from releasing an album

Who cares about hit music. Rock music in general isn't exactly hit music these days. If they released Estranged today, it wouldn't be a hit. It was barely a hit back in the day. 

Besides how do you even define timeless music? Is 14 Years a timeless song? This I Love has more streams on Spotify than 14 Years. Does that mean that This I Love is more timeless? In fact TIL has been streamed on Spotify more than most songs on the Use Your Illusion albums.

- Statistically a new album will be way less popular and successful compared to AFD,UYI, UYII

That depends on what statistics you are looking at. It's very likely that no song on the next album will be as popular as their biggest hits, but it's perfectly possible that the average song on the next album will be more popular on Spotify than the average song on the UYI albums.

- Absurd (experimental) & Hardskool (classic rock sound) did not climb at top of the singles charts.

Who cares!

When you look at the most streamed artists on Spotify, GNR's position is currently 171th. That's not too shabby. I have no idea how much of the streams are from the new generations and I don't really care. I'm just saying that they're not exactly irrelevant. They just made one of the most successful tours of all times.

- Still earns millions just by touring as a nostalgia act. Paying customers will always just go to listen to WTTJ. SCOM, NR, DC, PC

That's true!

- Lost momentum with Reunion as 6-7 years have passed already.

Who cares!

Axl has stated many times that he wants to release more music. Slash has confirmed that they will release more music and he has even said that the songs will probably be compiled into an album eventually. So it's very likely that a new album will be released at some point. Not because they necessarily have to release new music. People will always go watch their shows because of the old hits.

But I genuinely feel like Axl wants to release new music, even if he's very slow at doing that. In particular this quote tells me that Axl feels like he hasn't released enough music yet:

"I don't feel like I've done enough of anything to have a lifetime achievement award. But that's just me. I know other people were really happy for me about it so that was a good thing. I just feel like, you know, it's been a long, slow process beyond comprehension with Chinese Democracy, but it's still moving forward and there's a lot more that we hope to do"

I don't think he's interested in topping the charts or being the most popular band in the world right now. I don't think that motivates him. I think he cares more about the legacy of the band. I think Axl hopes that when future generations get to know the music of GNR, they’ll find tons of great music. Right now, the band’s discography is still relatively small. I think what motivates him the most is that he wants the band’s discography to be bigger and full of great music. I don't think he's interested in making hit music. At least that's the impression that I get from him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GNROSAS said:

GNR albums with Slash & Duff lyrically revolved around drugs, sex, alcohol, smoking, fistfights, crime etc in an autobiographic descriptive way.
Also their whole visual style were based on those too and connected all the 3 individuals & millions of other youngsters in 80s & 90s.
Chinese Democracy lyrically was mostly about the GNR Breakup (which is no relevant today) & Past Axl relationships with Stephanie etc decades ago.

All the above have been expressed before and they are no longer relevant to their existing lifestyles at their 60s in 2022 afaik.

maybe thats apettite but in a way, sweet child spoke about love and pain, paradise city speaks about being in hell in a broken society and wants to be in a better place, being outside the society

Just a urchin livin' under the street
I'm a hard case that's tough to beat
I'm your charity case so buy me something to eat
I'll pay you at another time
Take it to the end of the line" 

beinng desilusional and frustrated with the system :

"Captain America's been torn apart
Now he's a court jester with a broken heart
He said "turn me around and take me back to the start"
I must be losing my mind "are you blind?"
I've seen it all a million times"

michelle tells a story with a deep background and so on

in illusions the lyrics speaks way more louder than drugs, sex and fights

chinesse is a redemptiom for axl with madagascar (one in a million)

better is kinda like estranged in a matter of meaning but with anger and superation 

the ñew album could have good lyrics 

Edited by darkside259
  • Like 1

I honestly don't think Axl has that intention anymore. I even think the singles that came out recently had more to do with a Slash and Duff initiative. I think we'll only get a little more of that until the touring isn't as profitable anymore and then... who knows.

• Like 1

How many more of these  types of threads will be posted?  As someone else pointed out, AFD had more than just just sex, drugs, and crime. Listen to the last 3 minutes of Rocket Queen. 

GNR just had the SECOND  BIGGEST tour in rock history. What else are you expecting????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GNROSAS said:

I think Axl has no strong reason to release another GNR album

- There is no Izzy at the recording studio
- Lost the momentum of the GNR reunion, as 6-7 years have passed already.

- Yes but his voice has sucked several times during the new era (2002, 2011+), and it got better later (06, 10, 16). Plus he can just use old recordings (see HS) and then somehow handle it live. 
- It was Axl’s solo, had no promotion etc., and half of the casuals didn’t even know what the fuck was going on and didn’t generally consider it GN’R at all. 
- Izzy’s been gone since 91. Indeed, he was an important part, but he’s not a super god; everyone is replaceable to a certain degree. And we can’t expect songs about drugs and life on the street anymore anyway. They can handle it without him. 
- We don’t know how much stuff has been recorded in the last 20 years. And yes, new material will get compared with the golden era records, but that’s the fate of every famous band. Otherwise, they could all just release one or two albums and then break up. 
- See the preceding point. 
- The first one is not worth mentioning; the second one: again, no promotion, no videos, no interviews, no TV, nothing. There’s tons of shit that could have been done... but this is GN’R. Plus the fact they don’t release anything or act as other bands in terms of promotion and communication with the fans always plays a huge role. This is no exception. 
- They are - or can be - as relevant as any other major rock band in their league these days. New generations of fans, no problem. But yes, rock n’ roll, in general, has been exchanged for pop and hip-hop shit; take a look at all the charts. No reason for these bands to wrap it up, though. Look at AC/DC etc. 
- I agree. Then again, no reason not to do anything new. Look at AC/DC etc. 
- I absolutely agree. This is mental. Again - another fuck-up and a wasted opportunity in the world of GN’R. 

In short: Yes, these guys will release a new album. 

It will probably turn out just like Slash said - some Chinese leftovers with overdubs, released every few months, then compiled into an album somewhere down the road. Milking the stuff Axl has for as long as possible, basically.

That's the "new album". Yay.

18 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Would Axl be able to block a GNR album from beyond the grave? Serious question.

Assuming that isn't the case, I think we'll get a steady flow of new GNR material (maybe 2 or 3 albums within 5-10 years) within a year of Axl kicking the bucket.

What makes you think that there are actual finished songs? Which artist, other than Tupac had a steady flow of new songs released after their death?? Not even with Prince there is much forthcoming.

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

What makes you think that there are actual finished songs? Which artist, other than Tupac had a steady flow of new songs released after their death?? Not even with Prince there is much forthcoming.

It doesn't matter if the songs aren't finished. Universal would bring in a producer to finish off whatever is in the vault and release an album to satisfy the publics hunger for new GNR material when Axl passes. Its basically guaranteed assuming Axl doesn't have something in place that actively blocks new GNR material when he dies.

If Michael Jackson albums continue to be released after his death with the controversy around MJ new GNR albums after Axl passes are an 100% certainty in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

It doesn't matter if the songs aren't finished. Universal would bring in a producer to finish off whatever is in the vault and release an album to satisfy the publics hunger for new GNR material when Axl passes. Its basically guaranteed assuming Axl doesn't have something in place that actively blocks new GNR material when he dies.

If Michael Jackson albums continue to be released after his death with the controversy around MJ new GNR albums after Axl passes are an 100% certainty in my opinion.

Again. That rarely happens. Also with Michael, they had enough material for 2 albums, some of it already known, some not even him and that was it. Also with Prince, despite having that legendary vault, there doesn't seem to be all that much suitable stuff available to be released. It very rarely happens that there is actual serious material or albums released after an artist dies. And whatever that would be in Axl's case, it wouldn't really be GNR. At least not the GNR the public is interested in.