Lyrics of the next GNR album?

Lyrics of the Next GNR Album?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I consider Axl always writes lyrics of what is alive in him. Also him being very descriptive of the situation and what he experienced, thought & imagined.

- AFD, GNR Lies & illusions lyrically mainly where about drugs, alcohol, sex, fights, road lifestyle, etc the he was experiencing 86-91.
- Chinese Democracy was mainly about the GNR breakup, NewGNR & divorces (92-2000+)

So an Axl at his 60s, a millionaire, being at hall of Fame, reunited with his band, and being looked after by a Brazilian family for decades:

What do you think is alive in him? What will be the themes for his lyrics? Will the lytics be relevant in 2022 or just memories of past decades?

Edited by GNROSAS

I'd say same as CD era cuz ofc but they could put out the songs that were done in 97, 98 or 99 so still similar to UYI cuz someone will say nothing after 99 which i'm not sure nothing might have recorded after 99

Edited by kingcanyon

4 hours ago, DK6 said:

WTF is this??

This site is really running low on options.

A poll on what the lyrics of a non-existant album are going to be about!!

Lets have a poll on who Axl will thank in the liner notes. 

Or whether song 3 will be better than the song 5.

How many pages will the booklet be?

How many words will in the title?

It's not like there's otherwise shitloads of stuff to talk about...

On 4/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, GNROSAS said:

I consider Axl always writes lyrics of what is alive in him. Also him being very descriptive of the situation and what he experienced, thought & imagined.

- AFD, GNR Lies & illusions lyrically mainly where about drugs, alcohol, sex, fights, road lifestyle, etc the he was experiencing 86-91.
- Chinese Democracy was mainly about the GNR breakup, NewGNR & divorces (92-2000+)

So an Axl at his 60s, a millionaire, being at hall of Fame, reunited with his band, and being looked after by a Brazilian family for decades:

What do you think is alive in him? What will be the themes for his lyrics? Will the lytics be relevant in 2022 or just memories of past decades?

'Axl always writes lyrics of what is alive in him'

Yikes Axl and always writes shouldn't be in the same sentence fella

On 4/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, Stress Fracture said:

He’s got nothing left to rant about. We can only hope that he finds Beta humming a Motley Crue song one day.

Maybe he can manage enough new lyrics to do a My World II

Axl disappeared up his own ass lyrically after appetite. Most of the lyrics after that were about Axl Rose. There’s still some general themes in songs on UYI, but mostly it was about Axl, what was happening in Axl’s world and the feelings that brought up for Axl. 

Leonard Cohen wrote songs as a millionaire that people could relate to, so have Neil Young, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, and a lot of other artists/bands. Axl needs to look at other things than Axl Rose to write something fresh.

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Axl disappeared up his own ass lyrically after appetite. Most of the lyrics after that were about Axl Rose. There’s still some general themes in songs on UYI, but mostly it was about Axl, what was happening in Axl’s world and the feelings that brought up for Axl. 

Leonard Cohen wrote songs as a millionaire that people could relate to, so have Neil Young, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, and a lot of other artists/bands. Axl needs to look at other things than Axl Rose to write something fresh.

Even if Axl-centric, I think his lyrics after Appetite have been pretty good. For the most part they deal with universal topics and are vague enough to fit a lot of people and situations. Better, Locomotive, Madagascar, Breakdown, Coma immediately spring to mind. People often say it is all about Stephanie, and although I am sure she is intrinsically connected to Axl's state of mind back in the late 90s/early 00s, and thus have inspired lots of lyrics, themes of love and loss would resonate with most people, and he touches upon so many other topics too that I feel it is a bit unfair. 

On a tangent, I was pleasantly surprised with the lyrics to Atlas. I felt that the combined lyrics of the Illusions and CD became a bit too gloomy and that song was much more uplifting. Hoping for more of that, if not for anything but a suggestion that Axl might be in a better place now.