New Jersey Giants stadium 1988 (paradise city video concert)

The oficial video of pc was recorder inthe gian stadium, the setlist was

• It's So Easy
  • Mr. Brownstone
  • Paradise City
  • You're Crazy
  • Out ta Get Me
  • Blues Jam
  • Welcome to the Jungle
  • Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Used to Love Her

Guns n roses played as opening act for Aerosmith and deep purple, in the middle of the video the band take a concord plane (a fucking supersonic plane !!!)  to fly england to play in the Moster of rock were an accident happened and some fans die in the crown. then the band came back to usa, 

the video was directed by  Nigel Dick in the 88 and released in the 89.

and then i have a BIG ASS question, the whole fucking show was recorded??? so as the donnington one?? and those concerts had the potencial to be the holy grail of guns n roses shows???? i mean the band in the 80s was INSANE 

there is some information about that recording? NIGEL DICK NEED TO ANSWER THIS lol

well, would be cool to have those videos, maybe someday 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

They may have footage. To be fair, that doesn’t also mean the sound/whatever came off the board is releasable for the entire show as well 

It’s safe to assume they have a ton of stuff that should see the light of day though 

i wonder if they recorder the whole thing 

this show was recorded with 35mm analog cameras(film), if they were digitized today they could even reach 4k resolution, see the video quality of "it's so easy", it only has this quality because it was recorded with an analog camera (film)
this show deserves a bluray release

• Like 1

If I remember correctly there was audio on youtube of Paradise City from that show. But that was many years ago, don't believe it exist anymore

Edit 1: Actually, it exists. Easy to find

Edit 2: There is also a 25 sec video from the side of the stage during PC

Edited by danijel00

4 hours ago, danijel00 said:

If I remember correctly there was audio on youtube of Paradise City from that show. But that was many years ago, don't believe it exist anymore

Edit 1: Actually, it exists. Easy to find

Edit 2: There is also a 25 sec video from the side of the stage during PC

There used to be some crowd shot footage around 15 years ago on YouTube,  at least that’s when I saw it 

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

There used to be some crowd shot footage around 15 years ago on YouTube,  at least that’s when I saw it 

Yeah that's the footage from Donnington. As far as I know there's no major footage from Giants. Just an incomplete audio boot

Do we know if the band/Axl even retained all the footage from the early days? They were all very preoccupied with typical young rockstar things, I know Axl and Slash tried in their own ways to have a bit of a handle on business stuff but I doubt they did a brilliant job.

There was a bunch of Duff's stuff that turned up in an abandoned lock up unit a few years back wasn't there? Seems possible a lot of things could be lost to time or maybe sat in the old belongings of a now dead/geriatric camera guy or producer.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

Do we know if the band/Axl even retained all the footage from the early days? They were all very preoccupied with typical young rockstar things, I know Axl and Slash tried in their own ways to have a bit of a handle on business stuff but I doubt they did a brilliant job.

There was a bunch of Duff's stuff that turned up in an abandoned lock up unit a few years back wasn't there? Seems possible a lot of things could be lost to time or maybe sat in the old belongings of a now dead/geriatric camera guy or producer.

this give me anxiety 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

What about Niven? He had tapes of some shows. So may of had shows protected

• Like 2

The Donnington crowd shot footage is still about. At the beginning you can seeSteven jump out from the drum riser and stop Slash playing to point out something in the crowd. Also Axl saying there is a pile up. So the band were evidently aware of the trouble and trying to solve the problem as best they could. 

Yeah, axl tells the crowd a few times to back up. I think it was in Slash's book he said they found out after show that some fans had been crushed.

Somewhere I've got 3 original photos from Donnington. Sadly in one of them you can see security trying to get to some people in the crowd.