• Scraped
    • Riad N' the Bedouins
    • Sorry
    • I.R.S.
    • Madagascar
    • This I Love
    • Prostitute

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2022 at 06:00 AM

Don't you try to stop us now !

Scraped is the only easy choice for me, all other rounds will be tough. And I agree with the others that the drum intro that Frank played at the 2009-2010 show should have been on the album as well.
Scraped was performed once in 2011, but I don't think there is a recording?

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dean said:

I love that my opinions on a record by a band has merited this response from what I assume is a grown adult. Thanks for that! 

I think it was almost inevitable that this album be the most contentious. I love all of it bar the three I mentioned above. Maybe not in the same way as OG band stuff but I'm still a fan.

46 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

THIS I LOVE - This is the only song Axl has released that I actively do not like. Finck's solo rules, but holy God, the lyrics sound like a heartbroken 13 year old attempting poetry. 

I feel the same. But I voted for Scraped because I really love Robin's solo. 

And I love Riad. I know people will vote it out next round, but to me it's on the top 5 (it was on top 3, but I didn't like the changes on the final album version). 

Not a huge fan of "Scraped", but at the very least I remember it. "Riad N' the Bedouins" never really made an impression on me. Additionally, the song is unique to me in that it's one of the few that I feel was substantially better in its earlier forms. Unlike many here, I actually like most of the "layers" added to Chinese Democracy over time (with a few exceptions), but all the changes on this song just make it even more of a slog. In earlier forms, it still does not leave much of an impression, but at least has a potency and urgency missing in the studio version. Also, I liked Robin's (?) janky solo on the older versions much more than Bumblefoot's additions. 

I knew Riad, Scraped and If the World would have the early lead! It's funny cause I agree with the first 2, but always really liked If the World - it's like Axl's attempt at a Bond theme song. 

Riad is such an oddity in the GNR catalog, the early leaks made it sound so enticing, and the amped-up bass version on the Village CD's is actually pretty good ... but this poll is about the Chinese Democracy album itself, and there are 2 clear and obvious options here:

1. Scraped (my vote)

2. Riad & the Bedouins

13 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

THIS I LOVE - This is the only song Axl has released that I actively do not like. Finck's solo rules, but holy God, the lyrics sound like a heartbroken 13 year old attempting poetry. 

Yea, the instrumental is great but the lyrics are just bad. It deserves to go after Scraped and Rhiad.

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, the instrumental is great but the lyrics are just bad. It deserves to go after Scraped and Rhiad.

Agreed. I do think Axl sounded great on it when they did it live in 2010, but the lyrics are horrible.

And then there was DJ doing the solo.