THOR LOVE AND THUNDER Trailer- Sweet Child O Mine Soundtrack

Hey guys, so I got a interesting topic / question for you all. What are the chances of GnR putting in a new GnR song for the Thor movie? Because I heard Slash said that GnR will release new songs in June or when they go on tour so I was wondering if that means maybe they’ll put in the new Thor movie? I was asking this because, recently the new Thor Love and Thunder trailer came out and they put in Sweet Child O’ Mine as their soundtrack which was surprising to me. Maybe this is a stupid discussion but just putting it out there. Would be surprising if GnR decides to put out a new song for Marvel movie. I know the movie will come out in July but maybe it could be a release you know..

Edited by muzzay1130

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I've never watched a Thor film. Should I? Are they good?

Two of them are really bad. The last one (Thor Ragnarok) is actually pretty funny. But maybe you should consider that this is ultimately a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, for what it's worth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I was about to post this. It is awesome indeed, but I wish they could use another GNR song. It's always WTTJ, PC and SCOM. Sure I'm not expecting them to use Scraped or any other obscure one. lol

They should’ve used The General :takethat:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Great films, brilliant to see GNR featured on the first official trailer... SCOM fits really well. They are the best Marvel films for me, funny, good stories etc.... Nice to see Guardians of the Galaxy cast included...

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

First one was decent, second one was quite mediocre. The third one Ragnarok was really fun though. I guess level of familiarity with the MCU generally could affect enjoyment as well.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I was about to post this. It is awesome indeed, but I wish they could use another GNR song. It's always WTTJ, PC and SCOM. Sure I'm not expecting them to use Scraped or any other obscure one. lol

I've never seen a band get so much mileage from 3 songs. It'll be 2050 and we'll still get at least one of these songs in a trailer.

As for the Thor movies, the first one is more of a drama directed by Kenneth Branagh and mostly focuses on Thor on Earth after he loses his powers. It's from early in the MCU so it feels different from what came after. Also get Thor with blonde eyebrows which they dropped after this.

Thor: The Dark World is completely forgettable and even Chris Hemsworth disliked the tone it took. It's only good for a moment they put in Endgame in reference to it. It's the point where they realized they didn't need Kat Dennings anymore as she and her English boyfriend get way too much screentime.

Thor: Ragnarok is a lot more fun and features the Hulk more than any other MCU movie besides the 2008 Hulk. I'd recommend watching this as a starting point then maybe Thor 1 to get the full emotional impact. It fills you in pretty well in regards to the newest movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leandro Jose said:

It would be nice to have a new song but I don´t even know if this is something up to the band. Maybe Marvell called and asked for SCOM...

Most definitely that is how it happend. No movie company is gonna call up GNR for a new song these days.

4 hours ago, Jw224 said:

First one was decent, second one was quite mediocre. The third one Ragnarok was really fun though. I guess level of familiarity with the MCU generally could affect enjoyment as well.

I liked all 3 of them.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shaolin Punk said:

Interesting that the chords and part before the original song had to have been recorded to fit as it even plays the main lick in a clean tone just before the original kicks in, question is was it done by slash?

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Are the guitar chords ringing out in the beginning pulled from the master? Or is that just some random session guitarist “covering” Izzy’s part before the real song kicks in?

Yeah - I wondered that too….a different intro but sounds like it’s legit too (alternate take or newly recorded?)?

Not that GNR or SCOM need any advertising…it’s fairly prominent in throughout the whole trailer and gets them advertising all the same.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alfierose said:

Ragnorak. You could skip the rest. Separate feel to the other marvel movies.

As for SCOM in the trailer... It would be much more interesting had they used a new song, but I guess it's a great way to highlight how they still rely on 35yr+ material.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ragnorak. You could skip the rest. Separate feel to the other marvel movies.

As for SCOM in the trailer... It would be much more interesting had they used a new song, but I guess it's a great way to highlight how they still rely on 35yr+ material.

Absurd would have made this trailer much better indeed. 

• ABSUЯD 1