Pawn stars AFD Boxset

"I made $185, that's not so bad".......yes it is! It'll mean you lost an absolute shitload as it's worth a hell of a lot less than you paid for it. You didn't 'make' anything, unless you got it for free. He looks absolutely gutted when the guy tells him what it's worth. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That guy got ripped off badly

I don't know. I mean they probably aren't worth that much 2nd hand just yet because they made a load of them and it's only a few years old. Might be another 10 -15 years before a mint, unopened one is worth a fair whack.

Gotta wait until a decent percentage of the other boxes have been chopped up for firewood or given to kids to make a dolls house from! :rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

"what I'm probably gonna do is take that money and buy a real turntable". 

Boy, that dude would be PISSED to find out I got a great turntable (which I gave to a friend) with my AFD L&L set for less then half the original price. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

"I made $185, that's not so bad".......yes it is! It'll mean you lost an absolute shitload as it's worth a hell of a lot less than you paid for it. You didn't 'make' anything, unless you got it for free. He looks absolutely gutted when the guy tells him what it's worth. 

Did the guy say he bought it himself? I assumed he didn't pay anything for it, seeing as he said he made some money even though he got less than he was asking for.

Just now, Jw224 said:

Did the guy say he bought it himself? I assumed he didn't pay anything for it, seeing as he said he made some money even though he got less than he was asking for.

Possibly! I was basing that on the look of dismay on his face when the guy told him it wasn't worth much really. 

Who knows? The only thing that's certain is that it isn't worth what it cost initially anymore. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's nothing they could include in a box set that would make it worth $1000... unless they stuffed $700-800 in there. :lol:

Mel's panties or Dizzy's used towels :smiley-confused2:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sosso said:

That's one of the reasons why I don't want to have a UYI L&L Box. 

They would have to include a lot more than that to justify $1k.

Bluray from 91, 92 and 93. A freepass ticket valid for every live shows. And signed Axl stuff. To easy.

You can buy an empty case for around 100-150. I’d highly suggest people grab that if you want to fill it with whatever you have. It does look great, it’s solidly built and they may have forgotten to remove the hidden cassette. It’s worth it 

The original price these were selling for was just absurd. The vinyl and cassette is the main value here 

I hope they price the UYI set with that in mind. Otherwise I’ll wait for clearance pricing 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 minute ago, ssiscool said:

Those guys rip people off no end. What makes them sucsessfull is that they can low-ball you an offer and pay you there n then. If you've got the patience to sell to the right market you can make a lot more money

I mean that’s any business who’s selling used stuff. Take your used guitar to a music store and they will offer 60% of the secondary market. That’s how they stay in business. 

Always more $ in selling it yourself directly to an individual. What you’re giving up by having a store buying it way below market value is having to wait for that buyer to come along and doing the legwork yourself 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

You can buy an empty case for around 100-150. I’d highly suggest people grab that if you want to fill it with whatever you have. It does look great, it’s solidly built and they may have forgotten to remove the hidden cassette. It’s worth it 

The original price these were selling for was just absurd. The vinyl and cassette is the main value here 

I hope they price the UYI set with that in mind. Otherwise I’ll wait for clearance pricing 

I paid 360 and I think for the box and all the vinyl, the book and cassette and just the fact I own it made it worth the price to me. All the other stuff is neat.

I really have no issue with it at the price i paid for it