WTTJ BEST LIVE INTRO

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

You know what i meant. I can't think of anyone but Slash when it comes to GN'R and specially WTTJ and it's intro. WTTJ from the 2016 show in Argentina with Slash and Axl was definetly one of the happiest memories of My life

Yeah, Saint Louis 1991 is amazing.

One thing: even though MTV 2002 didn't catch him (or them) at his best, the initial howl was the longest one he's ever done, if I'm not mistaken. Never before or after did he start at the very beginning and went all the way till the end. Too bad the rest was... well...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, agustingloger said:

I could never agree with someone who says the Best WTTJ intro is one without Slash 😂 He wrote the fucking song

Who cares? the intro sounded just as good being played by DJ Ashba... it all hinges on Axl, the rest of the band including Slash are icing on the cake at the moment.

• Like 1

I don’t know about best, but the funniest I’ve seen is from something like Toledo 1988.

He does the usual “do you know where the fuck you are ?” - Then after a pause says, still in the high rasp, “Good, then go home”, lol

Then he realises his pun might be taken the wrong way so adds “I’m joking!!” as a sort of disclaimer lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I don’t know about best, but the funniest I’ve seen is from something like Toledo 1988.

He does the usual “do you know where the fuck you are ?” - Then after a pause says, still in the high rasp, “Good, then go home”, lol

Then he realises his pun might be taken the wrong way so adds “I’m joking!!” as a sort of disclaimer lol. 

Axl has a thing with toledo lol, i think in indiana he say "we decided the setlist in the moment so we don t have the people say -we saw this show in..TOLEDO" lol

On 4/21/2022 at 5:01 PM, agustingloger said:

I could never agree with someone who says the Best WTTJ intro is one without Slash 😂 He wrote the fucking song

Writing a song has absolutely nothing to do with the best performance of that song. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:55 AM, ChrisMaciel said:

Yeah, Saint Louis 1991 is amazing.

That's where matt fucks up and comes in too early. Slash stares at him then nods to bring him in. Give him a cheeky smile afterwords too.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:37 AM, Alejandro GNR said:

This, Paris 1992 or RAR 2006

Paris 93 is so much better than 92. Just a shame we dont have proshot.

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Writing a song has absolutely nothing to do with the best performance of that song. 

Agreed. The best nigjtrain performance by a mile is Rock Am Ring 06. The whole band is on fire and Nu Guns almost always nailed Nightrain. Easily their best song. And that was only Axl

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 6:13 PM, RussTCB said:

Germany 2006. 

/thread

This. Maybe RiR 2001 has the edge for pure energy from the crowd, but in terns of overall quality (band and crowd), this moment cannot be beat. Someone pointed out once, and I notice it every time I watch this performance now, that after he ends the scream, you can see Tommy Stinson look at Axl like "oh damn." 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1