What would happend if velvet revolver reunited but with Axl?

Imagine this scenario, kinda like Axl/dc but this time with an axl motivated in velvet revolver.

i know some may say is guns n roses but i think it would be really diferent mechanic of a band

would be so fresh n rock, could be the closed thing to the 80s gnr but with ñew songs 

1 hour ago, darkside259 said:

Imagine this scenario, kinda like Axl/dc but this time with an axl motivated in velvet revolver.

i know some may say is guns n roses but i think it would be really diferent mechanic of a band

would be so fresh n rock, could be the closed thing to the 80s gnr but with ñew songs 

That aint gonna happen but I'd like to hear some more VR songs on the Guns set.  Also would be great if Matt was in and Frank out.  But at this point Guns are what they are. 

• Like 2

Just now, Free Bird said:

No, if Axl became the new singer of VR there wouldn't be new songs unfortunately.

GNR doesn't prevent Axl from releasing new songs. It's Axl Rose who prevents GNR from releasing new tracks.

idk axl was ready for a new acdc album

Earlier today I thought it would have been funny if Axl auditioned for the lead vocalist spot when it was open after Scott's departure. 

I wish there was a VR CD box set with all bonus songs, previously unreleased material, songs with auditioned lead singers, etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

seems like Axl has less of a problem releasing music with other musicians, but when it's under the Gn'R name, it's different.

Thing is, the GnR name has a lot to live up to. People will only compare it to Appetite. You can see why Axl, who is known to be a perfectionist, wouldn't want to rush and release music

45 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Earlier today I thought it would have been funny if Axl auditioned for the lead vocalist spot when it was open after Scott's departure. 

I wish there was a VR CD box set with all bonus songs, previously unreleased material, songs with auditioned lead singers, etc. 

Especially the whole album they recorded with Corey Taylor and everything we haven't heard yet from the stuff Izzy brought in.

39 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Especially the whole album they recorded with Corey Taylor and everything we haven't heard yet from the stuff Izzy brought in.

I wonder if they could be recycled for GN'R or another project. They must of had a few gems there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darkside259 said:

idk axl was ready for a new acdc album

Axl wouldn’t have written the lyrics or composed any music. He would just go sing his part

the reason he can’t/won’t release newly written gnr songs is because that would require him to write

either he has extreme writers block or he just doesn’t care to create new music anymore. But had an AC/DC album happened, it would have been 100% just him walking in a studio and singing what someone else created

1 hour ago, ryanf23 said:

Axl wouldn’t have written the lyrics or composed any music. He would just go sing his part

the reason he can’t/won’t release newly written gnr songs is because that would require him to write

either he has extreme writers block or he just doesn’t care to create new music anymore. But had an AC/DC album happened, it would have been 100% just him walking in a studio and singing what someone else created

this is what im saying dude, if axl came in vr he would do just the frontman part and leave the composing thing for gnr, maybe he would add things to the equation but is that

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Weren’t there like 9 or so VR songs that never got finished? GnR might as well just use those, if so.

There's probably a lot more since Scott rejected a lot of songs and keep in mind they recorded a full length record -basically VR 3- with Corey Taylor on vocals which Slash rejected eventually. The question arises which songs we've already heard in other solo stuff like Izzy's Bomb or Slash's Ghost.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:13 AM, darkside259 said:

No thanks

On 4/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, Original said:

I'd like to hear some more VR songs on the Guns set.  Also would be great if Matt was in and Frank out. 

Yes 100%

On 4/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, Sweersa said:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:47 PM, Free Bird said:

On 4/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, Free Bird said:

There's probably a lot more since Scott rejected a lot of songs and keep in mind they recorded a full length record -basically VR 3- with Corey Taylor on vocals which Slash rejected eventually. The question arises which songs we've already heard in other solo stuff like Izzy's Bomb or Slash's Ghost.

Yeah I would love to hear all of that.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, ssiscool said:

Thing is, the GnR name has a lot to live up to. People will only compare it to Appetite. You can see why Axl, who is known to be a perfectionist, wouldn't want to rush and release music

This is one of the greatest R&R myths. Perfectionist? See CD, Absurd, Hard Skool, or any one of his abortive live performances. 

• Like 1