• Street of Dreams
    • There Was a Time
    • Catcher in the Rye
    • Madagascar
    • This I Love
    • Prostitute
    • Sorry

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2022 at 06:00 AM

We've made our minds up and voted anyway!

I.R.S.....is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - Scraped
Round 2 - Riad N' the Bedouins
Round 3 - If The World
Round 4 - Shackler's Revenge
Round 5 - I.R.S.
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Voting for This I Love again. This is not going at all according to my preferences. 

I voted for TIL this time.

I think what I find difficult on this album is that bar the first 3 songs to go I genuinely like all the songs but all of them have something that annoys me a bit that stops them from being truly great. That something is probably fairly minor in the grand scheme but I think it's those things I don't quite know how to rank.

As an example, I find the long chattering voices on the intro of CD a bit irritating and on TIL the 'how now brown cow' poetry spoils it a bit. Which is worse though? How do you rank those things? 

So I've voted for TIL but I'm not totally sure I like it less than some of the other remaining songs.

The lyrics on This I Love make the song unlistenable for me. Probably the worst songwriting of Axl Rose's entire career. It's beyond me how a songwriter of his caliber was unable to come up with anything better. All the instrumentation on the song is great however and the solo is killer. It's a good example of everyone else in the band being on their A-game while Axl seemingly put in no effort.

8 minutes ago, History2010 said:

The lyrics on This I Love make the song unlistenable for me. Probably the worst songwriting of Axl Rose's entire career. It's beyond me how a songwriter of his caliber was unable to come up with anything better. All the instrumentation on the song is great however and the solo is killer. It's a good example of everyone else in the band being on their A-game while Axl seemingly put in no effort.

If I had to choose maybe I'd say the lyrics are the weakest part but it's never bothered me that much and I still really enjoy the song as a whole. I can see from the poll it'll probably be gone next round which I do not at all support haha. 

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

So your saying that the Lyrics for This I Love is worse than My World.....