The GN’R surprise Record Store Day release of my vivid imagination!

What do you think a good surprise record store day release would look like? 

I think a lossless version of the Ritz in ‘88 or maybe the illusions songs with Steven remastered in a four track.

What would you like to see? Should there be a surprise release today? How many copies would you buy? 

Edited by alfierose
Misleading title again

Was about to go to my local recordstore now and saw this..:crazy: got me a good laugh for a few secounds.

but yea the Ritz would be cool, but id like em more if the 87 show was to find on a record.. just love the raw 87 era of the band:drool:

• alfierose changed the title to The GN’R surprise Record Store Day release of my vivid imagination!
1 minute ago, AtlasShrugged said:

No need to change it to something sarcastic all the same 

You've done it repeated though. Yes I was making a point with sarcasm but if you prefer I could just start removing the threads where you do this and giving out warning points?

These type of what if topics actually generate interesting discussion sometimes but it's not fair to do it in a way that insinuates your hypothetical scenario is real when people read the thread titles.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, alfierose said:

By the way you can edit your own threads so you are free to change the title again to something you'd prefer that doesn't mislead anyone.

Ok, not my intention to offend. I usually do the thread title last when I’m coming up with my topic ideas which is why they get the least thought. Apologies and I will do and be better in the future 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

If they did a RSD release, I wouldn’t expect anything more exciting than a colour vinyl or picture disc of an existing album or single.

Wasn't SoYL a RSD exclusive when 1st released?

33 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because they played very little or almost nothing live in that year. 

The Cathouse show(s) where they filmed the It's So Easy video would be cool.

Ritz '88 is by far the most overrated GNR show, and there's great versions of it already available. With the little amount of live shows GNR have released, it's ridiculous that people actually want a show they've already heard a hundred times. :facepalm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Because they played very little or almost nothing live in that year. 

Yeah, and that's why that period catches my attention even though it was almost emiferous. Based on Axl's great performance with the Stones, I guess some of the shows on that tour must be at least interesting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, martinb33 said:

Yeah, and that's why that period catches my attention even though it was almost emiferous. Based on Axl's great performance with the Stones, I guess some of the shows on that tour must be at least interesting.

Yeah, but they didn't tour in 1989. 1988 tho :)

2 minutes ago, martinb33 said:

Oh by tour I meant "series of shows" or something like that. Sorry for my English :wacko:

It was six shows in '89, four opening for the Rolling Stones and two "warm-up shows" before that. 1988, on the other hand, that's a year with plenty of shows.

EDIT: And your English is fine, don't ever apologize for speaking in a second language :)

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3