Jump to content

Setlist for new tour leg


Recommended Posts

So as we all know that exciting and fun time is coming up where the setlist gets leaked and we hear soundcheck clips of songs that are rehearsed and in lieu of this and the next leg starting i wanna know if we think there will be anything new to the setlist and if so where it would fit etc.

 

for example i wont be surprised if we hear TAY or PTU within the first 2 shows of this leg and Atlas to show up later. Int on hearing everyone else’s opinions :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

realistically not much will change, which is why i still havent committed to seeing Guns at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the summer in London. The current setlist without half of the covers replaced with a UYI deep cut, a CD deep cut and 2 new songs (in addition to absurd and hardskool) and id say the setlist is pretty good. PTU and TWAT i'd love to see. State of Grace was my fav leak so would love that to be there. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should finally replace Better, with something like Bad Obsession or Pretty Tied Up. They really should drop YCBM and RQ too, but unfortunately those will probably never be dropped.

Obviously there's other songs that Axl sounds bad on, but those are the worst 3. I wonder how many shows it will take this year before Axl sings all the lines in YCBM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's long overdue to drop filler tracks like Brownstone, DTJ, the covers (except KOHD) and Estranged.  Depending on what they're promoting if anything, I'd perform either more UYI deep cuts like Locomotive and PTU, or new songs to promote whatever they're releasing down the line.

Edited by Gackt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In an ideal world we would get PTU, Think About You, 1 or 2 new songs, Locomotive, Dead Horse and some more UYI deep cuts with Axl that sounds great. But what will actually happen is that we will wait for about 10 concerts so that Axl doesn't finally skip lines in YCBM and Better, and from the changes compared to last year we will get Yesterdays, Black Hole Sun, Used To Love Her and Attitude. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't Slash say they'll be two new songs out before the June dates? I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be like last time where they'll debut them during the tour. Setlist will be the same with the odd surprises 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

It's long overdue to drop filler tracks like Brownstone, DTJ, the covers (except KOHD) and Estranged.  Depending on what they're promoting if anything, I'd perform either more UYI deep cuts like Locomotive and PTU, or new songs to promote whatever they're releasing down the line.

Brownstone and DTJ fillers?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not The Rolling Stones with 26 albums. This is GNR with 3 albums, so can't really be creative with setlists and that's the way it is.

Wishing everyone who bought tix a joyful experience. 2017 was the last time for me and will see them again when we have a legit new album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It's not The Rolling Stones with 26 albums. This is GNR with 3 albums, so can't really be creative with setlists and that's the way it is.

 

There's at least 7-8 songs they could swap out with stuff that's easier for Axl to sing. They'll always play November Rain, Jungle, Estranged, etc. but there's no reason they couldn't drop some of the other songs Axl sounds awful on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

There's at least 7-8 songs they could swap out with stuff that's easier for Axl to sing. They'll always play November Rain, Jungle, Estranged, etc. but there's no reason they couldn't drop some of the other songs Axl sounds awful on.

like Better, RQ, YCBM, BHS any more i've missed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

There's at least 7-8 songs they could swap out with stuff that's easier for Axl to sing. They'll always play November Rain, Jungle, Estranged, etc. but there's no reason they couldn't drop some of the other songs Axl sounds awful on.

People have been saying for a while they should play songs where Axl doesn't have to use rasp like Bad Obsession and You Ain't the First. Realistically I could see bringing back some Chinese Democracy songs that haven't been played in a while along with whatever new songs they plan on releasing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mystery said:

People have been saying for a while they should play songs where Axl doesn't have to use rasp like Bad Obsession and You Ain't the First. Realistically I could see bringing back some Chinese Democracy songs that haven't been played in a while along with whatever new songs they plan on releasing.

as much as i want to see street of dreams come back, i highly doubt they'll tackle the rest of chinese democracy if they haven't already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

like Better, RQ, YCBM, BHS any more i've missed?

 

I think BHS was only played once or twice last year? Hopefully it's gone for good now. They could definitely replace these songs:

You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Madagascar / Sorry
Civil War

with these songs:

Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Down On The Street
Perhaps / Atlas
Ain't Goin' Down
 

Maybe play the alt version of Don't Cry every once in a while, or do Raw Power or So Fine with both Axl and Duff. Idk, there's ways they could play an interesting show that sounds good for the most part... but it will just be the same as 2021 with 1 or 2 'new' songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

YCBM is probably the biggest mainstay out of those songs that I don't ever see going. At the very least I hope it's like the last few years where they dig into their catalog and perform some deep cuts for a bit before rotating them.

It was genuinely cool that Locomotive and Dead Horse were brought back even though I don't expect to see them again.

Also according to setlist fm, Black Hole Sun was only performed at the very last show of the tour in October. It's seen a steady decrease in performances since 2017.

Edited by mystery
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

LOL @ brownstone being a filler track. Are you high? And don't even get me started on estranged

Brownstone could easily be dropped in favor of something different, and it wouldn't be missed.  Estranged takes up enough time where two other unique songs could be played, no issues dropping that one.

Swapping those two alone for tracks like RNDTH, PTU & SOD would be a massive improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Brownstone could easily be dropped in favor of something different, and it wouldn't be missed.  Estranged takes up enough time where two other unique songs could be played, no issues dropping that one.

Swapping those two alone for tracks like RNDTH, PTU & SOD would be a massive improvement.

 

I'd be fine with them dropping Estranged but it won't happen. Brownstone is one of the few "must play" songs though, along with Jungle, Nightrain, SCOM, PC, Nov Rain and KOHD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd be fine with them dropping Estranged but it won't happen. Brownstone is one of the few "must play" songs though, along with Jungle, Nightrain, SCOM, PC, Nov Rain and KOHD.

I don't think I'd call Brownstone "must play", it's just always been attached to the set so people expect it to always exist there; ISE could arguably get dropped as well in favor of a new opener, such as whatever the band has in mind for the song kicking off the new album.  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...