Setlist for new tour leg

Just now, Gackt said:

I don't think I'd call Brownstone "must play", it's just always been attached to the set so people expect it to always exist there; ISE could arguably get dropped as well in favor of a new opener, such as whatever the band has in mind for the song kicking off the new album.  :P

Axl usually sounds passable on Brownstone, there's plenty of others I'd drop before that one. Maybe move it to later in the set, just to shake things up.

Pretty Tied Up would be a cool opener, and I always thought It's So Easy would be a good song to open the encore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl usually sounds passable on Brownstone, there's plenty of others I'd drop before that one. Maybe move it to later in the set, just to shake things up.

Pretty Tied Up would be a cool opener, and I always thought It's So Easy would be a good song to open the encore.

I like Brownstone, it just happens to be the band's 2nd most played song ever behind Jungle; there's quite a few classics that could be given a rest for a tour in favor of some new tracks or deep cuts to give them a time to shine, since the band likely isn't going to be putting on many more 3+ hour shows.

Garden of Eden would be a fun song to start the show, or kick off the encore.

Brownstone is one of the most played songs of all, and it’s not going anywhere. Personally it’s one of my favourites so I definitely don’t think it should, or will, be dropped. More to the point, the fact that it’s in low vocal register makes it easy for Axl to sing (same as ISE) so it’s perfect as an early set vocal warm up. It just wouldn’t make sense to drop it. 

Much as I’ve long held that dropping and octave on some songs to avoid excessive Mickey is something Axl would never do for the sake of pride, I’m beginning to think it may be the only solution to his ever degenerating voice. It worked fine with Locomotive. I just listened to NITL Dead Horse and tbh he sounds awful. They should just have him do an octave drop, or just change key of the songs across the whole set list, pitch them down so he doesn’t have to force that Mickey so much. I don’t like moaning about it but it’s beyond a joke how bad it is now. 

Edited by Nice Boy

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think BHS was only played once or twice last year? Hopefully it's gone for good now. They could definitely replace these songs:

You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Better
Slither
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Madagascar / Sorry
Civil War

with these songs:

Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Down On The Farm
You Ain't The First
Down On The Street
Perhaps / Atlas
Ain't Goin' Down

Maybe play the alt version of Don't Cry every once in a while, or do Raw Power or So Fine with both Axl and Duff. Idk, there's ways they could play an interesting show that sounds good for the most part... but it will just be the same as 2021 with 1 or 2 'new' songs.

BHS was played only at the last show on the tour. It seems that it has already been removed from the standard setlist.

I would like Madagascar to stay, and I agree with the other songs because Axl sounds really bad on them. Rocket Queen should be shortened, as well as KOHD.

• Like 1

I don't get mad at the setlist posts because after 30 years of seeing them ,I know that most fans attend one show not multiple shows per tour like many on here. So while we want deep cuts, rarities etc the vast majority of fans probably don't.

I did learn to not go on opening night as Hershey was considered one of the lesser shows but I always wanted to see the theme park and I got to do that all day before they played.

In a few years time at their final show in whatever LA stadium it ends up being,maybe then we'll get a four hour set with all 30 something (?) past and present GNR members on stage throughout the night, ideally ending with the AFD 5 doing PC. 

• Like 1

Genuinely, I hope they open with It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, and Chinese Democracy.

That might seem like sarcasm, but it isn't. It like those three as openers. From there, do what you want, I don't mind, but personall I enjoy that start to the show.

More to the point, I'm just excited to get to a big, loud stadium show again after these last few years of hell. I couldn't care less what order the songs are in so long as I have a show (well, two shows) to go to

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

In a few years time at their final show in whatever LA stadium it ends up being,maybe then we'll get a four hour set with all 30 something (?) past and present GNR members on stage throughout the night, ideally ending with the AFD 5 doing PC. 

Absolutely never going to happen. Especially the AFD 5. It would be great, but never going to happen. Knowing our luck the band wont even give a statement until after the last show saying theyre calling it quits

2 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Absolutely never going to happen. Especially the AFD 5. It would be great, but never going to happen. Knowing our luck the band wont even give a statement until after the last show saying theyre calling it quits

Adler played with them and Izzy was up for consideration. I'm sure the final show(s) will be heavily marketed as such. 

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m more curious what the new song(s) will be. The setlist will always be close to the same. Didn’t Slash say the new songs will be more complex or did I imagine that?

Yea he said the new songs will be more complex.

I don't expect any new songs to be played at the first few shows, unless Absurd still counts as a new song. We'll find out the title(s) around the first show because it'll be on the setlist, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

I would take that. Always liked the song. 

Issue I have with that is that it’s already gotten a release. Feel like revisiting old singles isn’t really worth the time, especially with how little this band releases shit, which is why they’ll probably just do it anyways. 

• Like 1