Setlist for new tour leg

Why does Estranged gets the hate? The song is amazing and to hear it live for the first time back in 2016, with Slash, is one of my favorite GNR moments ever. It's not taking space from anything, it's not like an 8 min jam before November Rain. 

And I really doubt that OMG and Atlas are the "new" singles to be released. I mean, I can see them playing OMG, but not rereleasing it. Atlas could very well be the next single, but I'm not reducing the possibility of being another track that is not a mid-tempo ballad. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why does Estranged gets the hate? The song is amazing and to hear it live for the first time back in 2016, with Slash, is one of my favorite GNR moments ever. It's not taking space from anything, it's not like an 8 min jam before November Rain. 

And I really doubt that OMG and Atlas are the "new" singles to be released. I mean, I can see them playing OMG, but not rereleasing it. Atlas could very well be the next single, but I'm not reducing the possibility of being another track that is not a mid-tempo ballad. 

It's generally just another song where Axl almost always sounds bad. I haven't heard a truly great performance of the song since GNR started playing it again in 2011. Amazing song, my favourite! but Axl doesn't have the voice to pull it off IMO (specifically the 2nd half of the song). When you're there and there's a crowd singing along adding in all the missing high and low spots from Axls voice it is fun to hear live though. Huge song for GNR though so I can't see it leaving the set, I don't want it to go either. 

• GNFNR 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, Alexmee239 said:

Realistic expectation: PTU, TAY and the 2 cd-era songs Slash was talking about .   What would happen in a perfect world : Rotate Coma with Locomotive, TWAT, maybe some other CD songs such as Street of Dreams, IRS, even tho Axl surely cant do them justice anymore.

What did Slash said about cd-era songs?

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It's generally just another song where Axl almost always sounds bad. I haven't heard a truly great performance of the song since GNR started playing it again in 2011. Amazing song, my favourite! but Axl doesn't have the voice to pull it off IMO (specifically the 2nd half of the song). When you're there and there's a crowd singing along adding in all the missing high and low spots from Axls voice it is fun to hear live though. Huge song for GNR though so I can't see it leaving the set, I don't want it to go either. 

We were in Atlantic City for the Sunday show and I thought it was a great performance of Estranged.

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Absolutely won't happen but it would most welcome if they'd just drop KOHD and play Rocket Queen without a jam/solo/rapping or anything else in the middle. 

100% cut that horrible jam section out of RQ. The 2006-2014 of that song were fucking rocking almost every night, the break in the middle is such an anti-climax. I know they probably think it builds and has dynamics, but after a minute of soloing that isn't well known in a famous song people are on their phones/going to the bathroom/going to the bar... there are a few thousand still glued to the stage, but they probably queued for the gig 3 weeks in advance to get front row so there's that rationale to contend with🤣

• Like 1