Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE CD song to be evicted   

165 members have voted

1. 1. Chinese Democracy Survivor Round 11

• Better
    • There Was a Time
    • Madagascar
    • Prostitute

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 06:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are we listening to the same album!? :lol:

I think Madagascar is a brilliant song. I love the defiant lyrics (much better than Scraped) and the arrangement, and Axl's vocals. I am not too fond of the quotes myself, but they build up intensity before the final chorus, so there's that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Better is the one I enjoy the least, but maybe that’s also due to Axl butchering it for the last 4 years 

It's 100% the butchering! if Axl sang it properly and the band could play it the way it's supposed to be played then that song would still be a favourite of mine live & studio. I still listen to the studio version regularly.

32 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

If Madagascar had clean vocals like the 2001/2 live shows, it would be the best song by far...

I like the outro singing though but at the verses the singing is weird.

I was so disappointed that Axl choose that stupid "old man" voice approach for the album version, doesn't work at all for me. :(

It could have been great. The Blues as well.

• Like 1

Reluctantly voting Madagascar. I think the instrumentation and solo during the speech are amazing, but I always thought the synth horns in the beginning and throughout the song sound really stale and amateur. Like one of the first sounds you come across in ProTools. Still a good song, but Prostitute wins for being more complete to me and for not having an MLK sample, which is a bit ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Reluctantly voting Madagascar. I think the instrumentation and solo during the speech are amazing, but I always thought the synth horns in the beginning and throughout the song sound really stale and amateur. Like one of the first sounds you come across in ProTools. Still a good song, but Prostitute wins for being more complete to me and for not having an MLK sample, which is a bit ridiculous.

I thought only the early (Village era) demos had the synth horns. Didn't the album version (and early leaks) have real orchestra?

This will be the first one where the last song standing is not something I'd approve of.

2 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

If we're going on the art-is-better premise, Prostitute should have won. It's the Coma of CD.

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think Madagascar is a brilliant song. I love the defiant lyrics (much better than Scraped) and the arrangement, and Axl's vocals. I am not too fond of the quotes myself, but they build up intensity before the final chorus, so there's that. 

The live versions from 2002 were the best, the album version just doesn't do anything for me. It's repetitive, there's really only 1 verse, and the quotes bring the whole song down. It's nowhere near the quality of the other remaining songs. 

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Madagascar, again.

No way is it one of the top 3 songs on the album.

Maybe Maddy staying so long has something to do with the nostalgia a lot of us may have from it being the first New GNR song we got to hear/see at the 02’ VMA’s . It was actually a good performance of the song. Jungle and PC, not so much. 

5 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Maybe Maddy staying so long has something to do with the nostalgia a lot of us may have from it being the first New GNR song we got to hear/see at the 02’ VMA’s . It was actually a good performance of the song. Jungle and PC, not so much. 

I think it's definitely nostalgia, it was basically the comeback song in 2002 and I mentioned above that those were great performances but the album version should've been voted out a while ago.

• Like 1