Next Tour - Is This Their Last Run?

On 4/28/2022 at 7:13 PM, smokingarthur said:

History tends to repeat itself. Axl and Slash don’t have to split over any previous emotional turmoil. I think at some point Slash will get tired of walking on eggshells.

This may be brought on by lack of cooperation with the rest of the band. Slash may choose to be the mouthpiece for the band and it may rub Axl the wrong way. At which point he will decide to end it.

I can’t imagine that the current situation doesn’t burn him up inside. At some point even the money may not be enough for him to keep from holding back his feelings. 

I dunno, I think that GNR has long since sort of turned into a legacy band and new material or not, the reunion was always gonna be about capitilizing on that asepct of it all. 

I can imagine Slash being totally cool with making tons of cash playing the same setlists with GNR with slow drips of new (old vault) tracks to contribute to - especially since he has his own reliable outlets of writing new music for and is not having any conflicts with that such as Snakepit/GNR

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

What feelings is he hiding? he has his creative side with SMKC and he also gets to play massive stadium shows for millions of dollars with guns. he probably loves it that way. He's the bigger draw than axl these days, in celebrity status and industry respect wise. 

He’s stumbling over his own words. He’s taking great precautions not to go in great details. He’s in self-preservation mode when he speaks, it’s not natural or organic and out of sync with how people answer questions.

We see him slowly reaching the tempest. He knows the band is in a collective state of creative discontent with GNR. If you think he’s oblivious to this or simply doesn’t care, that’s on you. It’s one thing to accept your fate, it’s another thing to not be aware of it.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno, I think that GNR has long since sort of turned into a legacy band and new material or not, the reunion was always gonna be about capitilizing on that asepct of it all. 

I can imagine Slash being totally cool with making tons of cash playing the same setlists with GNR with slow drips of new (old vault) tracks to contribute to - especially since he has his own reliable outlets of writing new music for and is not having any conflicts with that such as Snakepit/GNR

I was originally in that mindset, but 6+ years out and with no end in sight, I think it’s clear and present to him where he stands. The question is how long can he go along with the charade. But I think more importantly, how long can Axl believe Slash is on the same page as him.

Let’s see what happens, no one knows the future. But we are all aware of the past….